The Job: Educator
What we need: A dynamic, science-savvy, education-driven performer to deliver ACE multimedia presentations on climate change to high school students in New England. (Check out our trailer to get a taste of our presentation.) You’ll be in the trenches with high school students, communicating the essential science of climate change in a lively, fun and unforgettable way. After each presentation you’ll be working with youth to create ACE Action Teams that work on a variety of climate change projects, from recycling and composting programs to throwing green proms. We also need a power-networker to build partnerships with schools, nonprofits, celebrities and companies.
Our Educators work from home when they’re not giving presentations, meet once a week with the local team, and meet occasionally with other regional teams. So please be comfortable with that.
The Organization: ACE::Alliance for Climate Education ACE is a national nonprofit dedicated to educating America’s high school students about the science behind climate change and inspiring them to do something about it—while having fun along the way. We’re based in Oakland, CA, with satellite offices in Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, Atlanta, Austin, Atlanta, Washington D.C., New York, and New England.
ACE offers a powerful mission, rapid growth, sharp people, a spirit of innovation and a fast-paced environment that focuses on accountability and results. Learn more about ACE – and check out our rave reviews at http://www.acespace.org
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office and iWork
- Terrific oral and written communication skills
- Awesome presentation skills—dynamic, engaging personality – you know how to put on a show
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, detail oriented, self-motivated
- Comfortable working in a remotely managed small team
- Solid understanding of global climate change and the youth environmental movement
- Self-managing—you’ll need to manage a whole slew of projects with clear and constant communication while working from a home office
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience in theatre, or other forms of performance art or public speaking
- Teaching experience or other experience working with high school age students
- Familiarity with the local school systems
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Schedule: Full-time position, 40 hours per week Salary: Commensurate with Experience Anticipated Start Date: Immediately Deadline: Open until filled Location: Southern New England
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to Ms. Sam McKelvie: sam.mckelvie(at)climateeducation.org.
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter. No phone calls please.
We value and respect the diverse viewpoints and individual differences of all people. ACE is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone interested to apply.