American Retroworks (operating as Good Point Recycling here in Middlebury) is looking to hire an intern for this summer (and there is a high likelihood of international travel!). American Retroworks, a fast-growing 25 person company, specializes in the recycling of electronics (think your old slow computer).
What does that mean?
Towns, Counties, Municipalities and more recycle their old computers, cell phones, televisions and other electronics.
- If the electronics are in usable condition, they are reused.
- If they are not in the best of shape, they are refurbished.
- At the last stage of their lives, the electronics are broken down into their components (copper, steel etc.)
The intern will assist in:
- Graphic design (logo, style sheet)
- Designing process documents (reports, spreadsheets, standards)
- Designing marketing documents (brochures, outreach/education)
- Advertising (mailing, media outreach)
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in industry-leading policy in a “green” field from the comfort of Vermont. In addition to a living stipend, there is a high likelihood for international travel (expenses paid).
Interns will be expected to work 40hrs/wk during the summer, and at least 10hrs/wk (based on position extension through the school year).
Required: Must be organized, and self-directed, with a strong interest and proficiency in graphic design, strong writing skills, and a familiarity with publishing software such as Adobe InDesign.
Desired: French, Spanish, Chinese proficiency; knowledge of database software; knowledge of video editing software; entrepreneurial spirit.
For more information (including application details) come into the CSO and ask about the American Retroworks Intern Position