ThinkImpact (formerly Student Movement for Real Change) works to reduce poverty around the world. ThinkImpact is looking to hire an Assistant to the Executive Director at their D.C. office.
The Assistant to the Executive Director position offers the challenging, fast-paced experience of working in a dynamic non-profit organization. The Assistant to the Executive Director will be responsible for providing support for the Executive Director’s schedule, meetings, strategy, Global Development Internship support, basic graphic design, office management and some programming support.
The various responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Executive Assistant: The individual will provide assistance to the executive director, assisting with scheduling, travel planning (including flights, accommodation, and local transportation), data entry and systems maintenance. Effective management of staff by the ED requires full implementation of project management systems and information sharing. Daily responsibilities include:
- Scheduling meetings, speaking and travel arrangements
- Booking flights and building itineraries
Each year ThinkImpact offers the Global Development Internship to Kenya and South Africa (and possibly other countries). To ensure the highest quality of applicants, ThinkImpact seeks to reach out to universities, partner organizations, and students directly to ensure that there is a selective application process. Daily recruitment responsibilities will include:
- Daily News Brief – Daily news research and communication to supporters.
- Calling universities and partners
- Managing database and CRM with Salesforce
- Ordering materials (writing, graphic design) for recruitment email and mailings
- Social Media including Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Maintaining a clean and organized office is essential for the organization to meet its mission efficiently and effectively. The Assistant to the Executive Director is responsible for the following:
- Answering the phone
- Sorting and sending mail
- Organize supplies and miscellaneous office work.
The Assistant to the Executive Director is at times responsible for providing key support to the Director of Programs particularly by reading applications, conducting interviews for the GDI, and providing research and support as needed.
- Managing submitted applications
- Interview coordination (scheduling for the office)
For more information (such as Qualifications) and to apply, see the original posting at http://www.idealist.org/if/i/en/av/Job/374207-130/c