Wider Opportunities for Women (WOW) is a 45 year old women’s employment organization that works nationally and in its home community of Washington D.C. to achieve economic independence and equality of opportunity for women and their families. WOW is looking to hire a Field Manager.
In meeting its intergenerational agenda, WOW launched the national Elder Economic Security Initiative (Initiative), a multi-year campaign combining organizing, research, advocacy and outreach to promote economic security for elders and their families through policy and program change. WOW will partner with up to 20 states to implement the Initiative on the national, state and local levels. WOW provides technical assistance and expertise to its state partners and coalition members on developing, implementing and sustaining state campaigns to promote the use of an elder economic security framework and tools in aging policies and programs.
The Field Manager will manage the delivery of strategic technical assistance and expertise to WOW’s state partners in the Elder Economic Security Initiative. The Field Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a package of technical assistance services and materials to assist state and local advocates in promoting lifelong economic security.
The Field Manager should be committed to the issues of promoting economic security for low-income populations, including elders, families and workers, and should feel comfortable working with a diverse group of professionals. Other qualifications include:
- Minimum of undergraduate degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Knowledge of federal and state public policies/programs affecting low-income elders and families;
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local funding streams for low-income programs;
- Experience in state and/or local level grassroots organizing and/or campaign development;
- Previous experience as a field organizer, coordinator or manager;
- Strong training/facilitation/interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly to multiple audiences;
- Willingness to travel;
- Ability to use web-based outreach tools and mediums (e.g. Twitter, YouTube);
- Experience in and sensitivity to working in multicultural settings;
- Strong organizational skills; and
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, including Excel and Publisher).
For more information (such as responsibilities) and to apply, see the original posting at http://www.idealist.org/if/i/en/av/Job/374132-309/c