Humanity United is a philanthropic organization committed to building a world where mass atrocities and modern-day slavery are no longer possible. Humanity United was founded in the belief that defending basic human rights is essential not just to bringing about justice, but also to ensuring greater economic growth, enhanced environmental protection, improved public health, and a more secure and less violent world.
The Investment Analyst is a member of the HU investment team primarily responsible for providing research and analysis to improve the effectiveness of HU grant-making. The Investment Analyst role will include performing desk research / due diligence on new opportunities and existing grants, producing market analysis to inform individual grants and strategic priorities, and representing the organization externally in a variety of settings.
This position will work across both of our organizational portfolios: prevention of conflict and mass atrocities; and prevention of human trafficking and modern-day slavery. Strong candidates with have academic and/or professional experience related to one or both of these issues in one or more of the following areas: advocacy, policy, rule of law & governance, multilateral institutions (United Nations, African Union, International Criminal Court) human rights, or corporate social responsibility.
- Represent HU in a manner that is consistent with our mission
- Advance internal thinking through targeted research and analysis of the field of mass atrocities and human trafficking
- Perform analysis of social sector and commercial sector organizations and investment proposals with a potential fit for HU’s strategy
- Stay up-to-date on relevant international policy developments and apply current strategic perspective to investment related activities
- Support deal execution through funding
- Work collaboratively with other HU program functions (Research, Communications, Policy)
- Support due diligence efforts for prospective investments and grants
- Provide occasional analytic support for projects with HU funded organizations
- Contribute to periodic investment area strategic reviews
- Lead and support other projects as required
- Prior demonstrated interest in creating positive social impact, with experience in human rights based efforts and organizations a plus
- BS/BA in political science, international development, public policy, or equivalent
- 1-3 years work experience in social sector and/or private sector
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, influences others, and offer strategic perspective
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong teamwork, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to sift through large volumes of information quickly and to summarize effectively
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Strong interest and background in social sector organizations
For more information and to apply, see the original posting at http://www.idealist.org/if/i/en/av/Job/374218-233/c