Summer Search is a dynamic national non-profit organization that finds resilient low-income high school students and inspires them to become responsible and altruistic leaders by providing year-round mentoring, life-changing summer experiences, college advising and a lasting support network. Summer Search started in 1990 in San Francisco and currently serves over 1,000 high school students and 2,000 alumni in the Bay Area (San Francisco, North Bay and Silicon Valley), Seattle, Boston, New York and Philadelphia. 93% of participants go on to become first generation college students and professionals.
The Development and Operations Assistant is responsible for assisting with the organization’s fundraising efforts and providing administrative program support to the San Francisco Bay Area region, which is comprised of three program sites in San Francisco, Petaluma and San Jose.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Fluency in MS Office required
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, oral, and written communication
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Self-starter who is comfortable in a close-knit team-oriented setting
- Flexibility and eagerness to learn and work on different tasks as needed
- Assist in researching and tracking proposals and reports for foundation and corporate fundraising
- Proofreading and sending out correspondences
- Maintain accuracy of development database, Raiser’s Edge, including constituent entry, and producing weekly and quarterly development reports
- Summer Search expense and gift tracking on a daily basis
- Assist with donor acknowledgement process
- Assist with logistics and organization of fundraising and program events
- Assist with updating Summer Search’s informational materials, including the annual report, newsletters and website maintenance
- Maintains stock of development-related materials, including development packets, board stationary, and other fundraising supplies (essay packets, etc).
- Undertake special projects at the direction of the Executive Director, Development Director, and Program Director
- Assist in the running of daily office operations, including managing organization files, answering phones, supporting office technology needs, mailing projects, ordering office supplies.
- Reproducing office materials, scheduling appointments, booking travel, filing, and assisting in the coordination of internal workshops and events.
Start date: ASAP
Office: San Francisco Bay Area
Location: San Francisco
- 10AM-6PM, Monday-Friday
- Additionally some evening and weekend event attendance
- Salary starting at $35,000, but commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, vision, FSA, life and disability insurance
- 401(K) plan and employer matching program after 1 year of employment
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Commuter benefits program
Send resume and a cover letter that speaks to why you are applying to Summer Search Include in the letter your track record of performance, your desire to learn and your ability to overcome challenges. Send your application to Sarah Ham, Director of Human Resources, at bayareahire<at>summersearch.org
Please note that we are unable to acknowledge every application we receive. Please, no telephone inquiries.