2010 Summer Internship in Social Entrepreneurship and Marketing
Vermont Soy is part of the movement to produce healthy food from close to home. We buy organic, non-gmo beans from local family farmers, and we believe that fresh, organic, and local food is the healthiest choice for you and the planet. We are mindful of our carbon footprint, which is why we source our ingredients locally and sell our products regionally. Our mission here at Vermont Soy in Hardwick is to build a healthy food system by supporting sustainable agriculture and our local economy.
We are looking for a student who is self-motivated, creative, and a doer. We need someone with innovative ideas and the capacity to follow through and make those ideas become a reality. Someone who is excited about working for a small company that produces premium, socially and environmentally sound building products will do well in this business.
- Polished verbal and written communication skills in electronic, phone, and in person situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as familiarity with database software
- Savvy with social networking sites, especially Facebook, Twitter, and blogs
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit – able to work in a low structure, high output environment
- Extra consideration given to candidates who are familiar with green products and green building
What you will gain
- Marketing analysis and implementation using conventional and unconventional methods in addition to social and online media Experience in the emerging market of green building products
- Exposure to the strength and structure of local economies
- Networking among architects, builders, manufacturers and regulators involved in green building
- Dates: June 7 – August 20, 2010 (flexible but 11-12 weeks total)
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm (also flexible)
- Housing assistance and stipend provided
- A car or bicycle is necessary, as there is no public transportation available
- April 12, 2010 is the application deadline. Applications will be viewed upon receipt and offers may be made before April 12.
- Please email a resume, a short writing sample and a cover letter specifying your availability, areas of interest and reasons for applying to Vermont Soy. Also feel free to contact us with any questions.