2010 Summer Internship in Social Entrepreneurship and Marketing
Vermont Natural Coatings, LLC (VNC), located in Hardwick, Vermont, produces a new line of environmentally safe wood finishes. All aspects of the company, including the manufacturing of our wood finishes, take place at our Hardwick facility. As we introduce our new products to the market we are continuing to modify, develop and execute our branding strategy and marketing plan.
This internship is an opportunity to participate in the workings of a young and fast-developing business. You will be working directly with company founders and will experience the entrepreneurial process first hand. You will have the rare opportunity of developing and contributing to projects that directly affect the success of VNC’s unique products and the company as a whole.
We are looking for a student who is self-motivated, creative, and a doer. We need someone with innovative ideas and the capacity to follow through and make those ideas become a reality. Someone who is excited about working for a small company that produces premium, socially and environmentally sound building products will do well in this business.
- Polished verbal and written communication skills in electronic, phone, and in person situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as familiarity with database software
- Savvy with social networking sites, especially Facebook, Twitter, and blogs
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit – able to work in a low structure, high output environment
- Extra consideration given to candidates who are familiar with green products and green building
What you will gain
- Marketing analysis and implementation using conventional and unconventional methods in addition to social and online media Experience in the emerging market of green building products
- Exposure to the strength and structure of local economies
- Networking among architects, builders, manufacturers and regulators involved in green building
- Dates: June 7 – August 20, 2010 (flexible but 11-12 weeks total)
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm (also flexible)
- Housing assistance and stipend provided
- A car or bicycle is necessary, as there is no public transportation available
- April 12, 2010 is the application deadline. Applications will be viewed upon receipt and offers may be made before April 12.
- Please email a resume, a short writing sample and a cover letter specifying your availability, areas of interest and reasons for applying to Vermont Natural Coatings. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.