New Sector’s Residency in Social Enterprise is a competitive program that provides recent graduates and
young professionals the opportunity to serve at a nonprofit organization for one year as an AmeriCorps member.
Through their efforts to further the mission of their service sites, their experience with daily nonprofi t operations, and the training and support New Sector provides, Residents develop a holistic understanding of community, service, leadership, and the elements of a socially responsible career.
About New Sector Alliance
Today’s nonprofi ts and their leaders are faced with challenges that are more complex and more urgent than ever before. Needs in the communities they serve are growing, while resources to address those needs are increasingly scarce. New Sector bridges the gap between the help nonprofit leaders need and the help they can afford. In collaboration with the world’s leading management consulting firms, universities, nonprofi ts and AmeriCorps/The Corporation for National and Community Service, New Sector pursues a unique dual mission of strengthening organizations today while developing leaders for tomorrow.
• Program Dates: September 7, 2010 – August 13, 2011
• Location: Boston, MA
• Resident Class Size: 22
– Living stipend of $19,000
– Health-care coverage with no financial contribution from the Resident
– AmeriCorps Education Award worth $5,350, distributed upon successful completion of the program
– Reimbursement for public transit pass worth $700
• Eligibility requirements:
– U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency
– High school diploma or GED
– Not more than two prior AmeriCorps terms of service completed
How to Apply:
All application materials are due by April 9, 2010.
Visit their website to access their online application or to find additional information:
Additional materials should be sent to: rise[at]newsector.org