CDC/ATSDR’s National Center for Environmental Health/Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (NCEH/ATSDR) is offering a 10-week summer internship program for students in Environmental Studies, Ecology, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, and other related majors to take place June 9-August 13, 2010.
During the course of the internship, students are introduced to environmental health at the federal level through project collaboration, experiential learning opportunities, individual environmental health presentations, journal clubs, field trips, brown bag lunches, and through shadowing and mentoring relationships at CDC/ATSDR. Interns will be based at CDC/ATSDR’s Atlanta-Chamblee Campus where NCEH/ATSDR is housed. Students are paid $500 a week during the course of the program.
Eligibility requirements for CLEH interns:
- US citizenship or Permanent Resident with a green card,
- Full time enrollment at a college or university as a rising junior or rising senior by fall 2010
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, and
- An academic major or demonstrated coursework concentration in Environmental Studies, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Ecology or related fields.
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 | Application Materials
- Notification to Interns of acceptance: Friday, March 19, 2010
- Acceptance of Internship offer by student and initiation of paperwork: Wednesday, March 24, 2010
- Internship Dates: Wednesday June 9, 2010 – Friday, August 13, 2010
Note: Seniors graduating in Spring 2010 will not be accepted to this program.
For more information, check out their website, http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/cleh/ or email LT Cory Moore, Environmental Health Officer, USPHS, Program Development Office, NCEH/ATSDR at CLEH<at>cdc.gov.
See the original post on LACN, which can be accessed from the homepage of MOJO.