Clean Energy Group
Clean Energy Group (CEG), a leading nonprofit advocacy organization working domestically and internationally on innovative technology, finance, and policy programs in the areas of clean energy and climate change, seeks a staff associate. This position will craft and advocate for policies, strategies and initiatives to advance clean energy technologies at the national and state levels, with a particular focus on state outreach and technical assistance.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2009
The successful candidate will possess strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of clean energy issues, including experience in researching, developing and implementing strategies to address clean energy challenges, is preferred.
• implementing projects and initiatives to assist state players, both in the public and private sector, to advance new markets for clean energy technologies
• implementing key clean energy program activities
• assuring coordination of, and providing guidance to, state clean energy programs, particularly in the areas of energy finance, policy and technology
•providing education and sound, unbiased information to key public and private players about clean energy market opportunities and obstacles
• convening and collaborating with public and private players to build new partnerships in the clean energy area
• developing and maintaining effective relationships with key staff at CESA member organizations (CEG also manages the Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA), a coalition of public clean energy funds from fourteen states, see www.cleanenergystates.org)
• developing and implementing projects that will help and support CESA members
• writing and securing grants from major donors, foundations, and other sources as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will bring the following professional experience and personal characteristics:
• knowledge of clean energy issues
• demonstrated experience in the research, design and implementation of energy policy or programs
• facilitating skills
• excellent communication and writing skills
• flexibility, focus and resilience in the face of high workload, competing demands for time and attention, and a rapidly evolving agenda.
CEG offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and a 403(b) plan. The office is based on Montpelier, Vermont, but the work location is negotiable for the right candidate. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements by May 15, 2009 to:
Clean Energy Group
50 State Street, Suite 1
Montpelier, VT 05602
Email: maria <at> cleanegroup.org
For more information, visit www.cleanegroup.org