Are you graduating this year and interested in global health?
If so check out the opportunity below!
Young Leader of Social Change Paid Fellow Position (New Haven, CT)
Next Available Opening Begins June 2010. Applications Now Being Accepted.
The Young Leader of Social Change Fellowship provides an outstanding recent college or public health graduate with an opportunity to engage in high impact front-line global health programs. You will work from our New Haven office that overlooks the Yale campus.
In this full-time paid position, the Fellow will work closely with Unite For Sight’s CEO on global health programming.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Be a team member of one of the world’s leading innovative global health organizations
- Hands-on experience in contributing to Unite For Sight’s programs (International Eye Care Programs and Global Impact Corps, Chapters and Community Fellows Program, GH/Innovate 2010 – Global Health & Innovation Conference, and Global Health University)
- Apply organizational and writing skills to the development and implementation of global health initiatives
- Contribute to cutting-edge programs in development
Qualifications and requirements include:
- Comprehensive understanding of best practice public health principles
- Minimum 1-year commitment though longer commitments are preferable
- Bachelors degree required at start of employment (current college seniors are encouraged to apply)
- Strong initiative and motivation
- Passionate interest in global health
- Ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented work style
- Proficient in multi-tasking
- International experience is a plus
- Volunteer experience with Unite For Sight is a plus
- Strong skills in statistical analysis is a plus
How to Apply To Unite For Sight Positions
Unite For Sight accepts resumes on a rolling basis. Please submit a resume and cover letter to jstaple at uniteforsight.org referencing the position title in the subject line. The highest quality candidates will be invited to submit a transcript and three letters of recommendation on a Unite For Sight online recommendation form. After review of the transcript and letters of recommendation, select candidates will be invited for a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview in New Haven.
Details online at http://www.uniteforsight.org/global-health-university/global-health-fellowship