Open Enrollment for Middlebury’s 2016 Health & Welfare Benefit Plan is being held from November 1 – 14, 2015. All benefits-eligible employees are required to complete the open enrollment process within this time period even if they do not intend to make benefit changes for 2016.
Open enrollment is your opportunity to:
• Continue your current medical, dental, or vision elections into the new year OR add coverage for yourself and/or dependents OR terminate your own or your dependents’ coverage.
• Continue your current voluntary life and/or accidental death and dismemberment coverage for the new year OR increase OR decrease the amount of existing coverage in these plans.
• Enroll in the health care and/or the dependent care flexible spending account(s) for next year. If you do not make an FSA election, you will not be contributing for 2016 even if you participated in 2015. For Q&A’s on the Health Care FSA rollover click here.
Open Enrollment must be completed, using Banner Web, between November 1 – 14, 2015. Benefits eligible employees will be able to access the open enrollment module from any computer with internet access.
1. Access the Open Enrollment System:
• Click this link: http://go.middlebury.edu/bannerweb OR
• On the bottom right-hand corner of the Middlebury homepage http://www.middlebury.edu/ click “Quick Links” and then “Banner Web”
2. Enter your Banner Web User ID (your Midd ID number) and your PIN and click “Login”.
3. Click “Employee”, then “Benefits and Deductions”, and then “Open Enrollment”.
2016 Premium Rate Chart
Do you have questions about your Middlebury College employee benefits? Has it been a while since your Benefit Orientation? Unsure if Flexible Spending is right for you? Come join your Faculty and Staff colleagues at a Benefits Refresher Open Meeting where we will review highlights of the Medical, Dental & Vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts and Voluntary Life and AD&D. We will also leave time for your questions.
Refresher courses will be held on:
- Wednesday, November 4th, 12:30-1:30, Crest Room
- Friday, November 6th, 8:30-9:30, Crest Room
- Monday, November 9th, 1:30-2:30, on-line*
- Wednesday, November 11th, 3:00-4:00, Crest Room
Please register for the course by clicking here so we know how many snacks to bring. We’re looking forward to seeing you there.
* On-line refresher meeting will be conducted using Adobe Connect. A link to the meeting will be sent out to enrollees on Monday (11/9) morning.
Benefits Open Enrollment is being conducted electronically again this year. You will be receiving an e-mail (ooa Oct 30th) detailing our 2016 benefits as well as step-by-step instructions on how to enroll using BannerWeb. Human Resources will gladly help you through the process; if you have questions please call x2320.
All benefits eligible Faculty and Staff are required to complete Open Enrollment between November 1st & 14th.
Flexible Spending Accounts – it’s not too early to start calculating your 2016 annual election. Per federal law, this year’s annual limit is $2,550 (plus you may roll up to $500 of unused 2015 Health Care FSA funds into your 2016 account). If you will have large medical expenses next year (orthodontist work, laser eye surgery, etc.) you should make sure you know how much your out of pocket cost will be for these services before Open Enrollment starts.
For additional information on Flexible Spending Accounts, including a Planning Worksheet visit the Flex Spending webpage.
For Questions and Answers regarding the Health Care FSA rollover click here
Today we are having a ONE-DAY ONLY SALE!
The maximum amount of CTO (combined time off) that can be carried into the next fiscal year is capped at 24 days (see table below for maximum hourly equivalents). Any CTO in excess of 24 days will automatically be transferred into your SLR as of June 26, for pay period 13 (6/8/15 – 6/21/15). Please plan accordingly. In order to avoid confusion and ease planning for employees, the CTO max is now applied to the last full pay period in June.
Throughout the year each employee is responsible for managing his/her CTO amounts within the applicable limits. Remember, if you allow your balance to reach maximum during any pay period except the final one of the fiscal year, your excess accrual does not automatically transfer to SLR –instead you will stop accruing and forfeit the un-accrued CTO time. Now is a good time to check your CTO balance in BannerWeb or a recent paycheck stub and plan your CTO use for the next few days and the upcoming fiscal year accordingly.
You may also transfer your own CTO at any time. When you report your time via BannerWeb, enter the number of hours you wish to transfer on the web time sheet in the row titled “Transfer CTO to SLR.”
CTO Maximum Amounts
||CTO Maximum in Days
||CTO Max. in hours for employees w/ scheduled 8 hour days
||CTO Max. in hours for employees w/ scheduled 7.75 hour days
|As of the last full pay period of June
|Any other time
Get great eyewear brands at low cost.
Seeing your local VSP provider for your annual eye exam is the perfect time to shop designer frames or stock up on contacts. Want to shop before visiting your VSP doctor or just prefer to buy eyewear online? You can go to the VSP store, eyeconic.com.
Your VSP benefit gets you a great deal on high-quality eyewear at your VSP practice or Eyeconic™. How about a pair of Nine West frames (NW5062–the snappy blue ones) with standard prescription lenses?
- Retail price: $133
- VSP benefit: $140*
- Your price: $0**
Put your VSP benefit to work for your eyes!
Participants can now scan and submit documents and claims to CBA Blue electronically via the Secure Document Submission Portal.
This portal can be used to submit any of the following:
- FSA/DCA Reimbursement Claims
- Medical and/or Dental Claims
- Coordination of Benefits (COB) Letters
- Direct Deposit Forms
- General Correspondence
From the CBA Blue/Middlebury College landing page (http://select.cbabluevt.com/middlebury/) click on the Claim and Document Submission icon. This will direct you to the CBA Blue Secure Document Submission Portal.
After uploading your documents successfully via the secure portal, you will be presented with the confirmation page and the assigned Transaction Number for your records.