Application deadline Sunday, April 1st at 10:00 am.
Bauer Lab is seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to join their efforts to investigate the molecular basis of blood cell development and to study novel genetic treatment approaches for blood disorders. Their approach combines functional genetics and molecular biology in cellular and animal models of hematopoiesis. They are particularly focused on applying genome editing technologies to develop novel treatments for blood disorders. The selected candidate will work on experimental research projects and also spend effort on lab management duties. A highly motivated and productive technician may get the opportunity to lead an independent research project within the lab.
A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with formal study in molecular and cell biology, genetics, biochemistry, gene therapy, hematopoiesis, systems biology, structural/chemical biology, and/or bioinformatics/computational biology. The candidate must be a responsible individual with strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Previous experience in scientific research would be an asset. Experience with hematopoiesis research is not required, but enthusiasm for learning modern molecular genetic techniques is essential.
40 hour/week full-time position with flexible hours and competitive salary/fringe benefits. Anticipated start date is summer 2018. A 2-year minimum commitment is strongly preferred.
Learn more in Handshake!
Application deadline April 11th!
The University of Rochester Center for Health + Technology is seeking a motivated individual interested in joining a team that is transforming healthcare through novel applications of technology. Using web-based videoconferencing, they have reached patients with Parkinson disease across the United States and in 20 countries on 6 continents, to fulfill their vision of providing patient-centered care to anyone, anywhere. They are looking for a self-starter with independent research experience who demonstrates familiarity with videoconferencing technology, web design and marketing, writing, and scientific literature review. Successful applicants will demonstrate a diverse skill set, adaptability, and an aptitude for independent and team endeavors alike.
Position responsibilities include:
- Help coordinate a statewide telemedicine program (www.pdcny.org) for individuals with Parkinson disease, in which we use videoconferencing to provide in-home, patient-centered care. Our program has received considerable media attention, and our work has been published in leading scientific journals including Nature, JAMA, NEJM, and Cell.
- Help expand our program to other chronic conditions (e.g., Huntington disease, Multiple Sclerosis), conduct telemedicine visits, assist patients in accessing care virtually, and coordinate care for patients enrolled in our program.
- Draft research protocols, coordinate recruitment, enrollment, and evaluation of research participants in single or multi-center research studies of individuals with Parkinson disease, Huntington disease, and other chronic conditions
- Collect and analyze data, submit abstracts to and attend conferences internationally, and draft and edit manuscripts
Learn more in Handshake!
Application deadline April 19th!
Founded in 2009 by industry leaders in enterprise software solutions, Macedon Technologies is a small, thriving technical consulting firm with offices in the Washington, DC and Austin, TX areas. Though under 100 people, Macedon Technologies has earned numerous awards from prestigious organizations, such as:
- #1 Small Business in Virginia – Virginia Magazine, 2018
- #1 Software Company – Washington Post, 2017
- 102nd fastest growing private IT services company in the country – Inc. Magazine, 2016
- #21 Best Company in America for Diversity – Fortune Magazine, 2015
At Macedon Technologies, they solve business problems by leveraging the Appian platform in a robust and Agile manner. Their Consultants architect, develop, and deliver enterprise software solutions that help transform the way their clients do business The result is more efficient, transparent, accountable, and profitable business processes – and happier people!
Are you a match?
You are an independent self-starter who stands out from the pack, with a bit of an entrepreneurial streak. You are enthusiastic not only about technology, but also about your passions outside of the CS department. You are a great storyteller, always keeping your audience in mind. You have a strong understanding of OO concepts, Java, and design patterns, but you are more than just a coder.
If this describes you, learn more in Handshake!
Castle Global is a full-stack deep learning company solving visual intelligence problems. Our flagship platform, Hive, consists of Hive Data—100k distributed workers performing data labeling tasks—and Hive Enterprise, where we build vertical-changing applications leveraging computer vision and deep learning. We’re working with some of the world’s largest technology and content businesses to change the way they analyze unstructured image and video data through machine learning.
People Operations Associate Role
Castle Global is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic People Operations Associate. They are building a team of world class talent and are looking for a superstar who can engage not only with their internal team but also with new candidates and convey their platforms, products, and ideas. Their ideal candidate is an organizational powerhouse who can collaborate with multiple internal teams and stakeholders. The People Operations Associate will work closely with their Chief of Staff on growth strategies as Castle scales up and have a front row seat to the next phase of growth. They are looking for a team builder who can express their vision and is relentless in their pursuit of building the best team!
Does this sound like you? Learn more in Handshake!
Big military contract brings new tech jobs to Vt. company
Vermont Systems was a small, family business started over 30 years ago. The company that employed only five people now has nearly 100 and they’re not slowing down from here. Now, they’ve got a new military contract. Vermont Systems landed a deal with the U.S. Army that will bring in an extra $5 million-$8 million a year and add 20-25 new jobs. – read the full WCAX article by Dom Amato.
Vermont Systems is an employee owned Vermont company, based in Essex Junction (just outside Burlington). Founded as a family business, the company specializes in creating innovative applications for management of recreation organizations.
They develop, sell, and support their applications for a broad range of clients – from municipal recreation departments and universities to golf courses and the military.
What makes Vermont Systems such a great place to work? Here are a few highlights that their current employees mentioned:
- Energized, fast paced work environment
- Full health benefits, including 80% reimbursement for out of pocket expenses
- Profit sharing – twice a year bonus
- Team spirit – “all in” attitude
- Company Wellness program with onsite Fitness Center
- Available health and wellness coach
- National and International travel opportunities
- Healthy snack table provided (everybody loves a snack!)
- Monthly company lunches
- Vermont quality of life: Lake Champlain in the summer, ski areas in the winter, foliage in the fall and so much more!
- Numerous community involvement opportunities
Check out their job postings here and keep checking back as it looks like they will have a lot more positions opening soon!
A Research Technician position is available in the lab of Radhika Subramanian at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School in Boston. They are interested in understanding how the micron-sized microtubule-based machinery required for cell division and cell signaling assemble from the collective activities of nanometer-sized proteins. They use a variety of experimental tools, including structural methods, single molecule biophysics, and cell biological assays.
The candidate must have a B.S. in biological sciences or related field before starting this position. This position is ideal for a graduating student who is looking for 2-years of research experience before applying to graduate/medical school. The candidate must be familiar with general biochemistry and molecular biology techniques. Prior experience with fluorescence microscopy or image analysis would be an added benefit but not necessary.
Please contact Radhika Subramanian with your CV, names of two referees and a copy of your recent transcript.
23andMe is seeking a talented research assistant to help manage their research studies. This person will lead communications with research participants and support varied aspects of study execution. As needed, this person may also develop web-based interfaces for engaging research participants. Accordingly, the individual must possess a diverse set of skills and interests, including a passion for working with research participants, excellent written and verbal communication abilities, and superb organizational skills. Facility with coding is a plus. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about the personal genomics industry, while contributing to ground-breaking genetics research.
What you’ll do
- Conduct eligibility screening for research studies.
- Serve as a patient/participant liaison for our research cohorts: communicates with research participants by phone and email to address concerns and facilitate research study participation; investigates and resolves participant issues.
- Collaborate with colleagues in research, marketing, engineering, and customer care to develop and implement engagement, recruitment and enrollment strategies.
- Perform tasks for study operations, such as compensation, data collection, and IRB submissions.
- As needed, develop and maintain web-based interfaces for participant recruitment and enrollment.
- Communicate relevant issues and progress to multiple stakeholders and project leads.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring (read the full list in Handshake)
- BS in Biology or related field required, background in genetics is preferred
- Technical proficiency in HTML, or demonstrated interest in learning to code is preferred
- 1+ years postgraduate experience conducting biomedical or health-related research is preferred
Read the full description in Handshake.