CTLR LIB 225
Thursday, March 01, 2012 4:30 PM-6:30 PM.
What is the topic?
* Macro to Micro
* Using a Thesis Statement
* Hands-on practice session with one of your papers
What should I bring?
* One of your papers
* Your folder
Who must attend?
- All new Peer Writing Tutors must attend.
- Trained Peer Writing Tutors and Trained Mentors who did not attend Session 2 must attend.
Make-up sessions are only for those who have received prior approval. Bring your folder to every session
E-mail Izzy Nuttall (email@example.com) for prior approval.
Bookmark these sites:
PWT & FYSM Blog
Peer Writing Tutor Site
Writing College Papers
PWT/FYSM Facebook Group
See you Thursday!
Mary Ellen Bertolini
Associate Director, Writing
When: Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:30 PM-6:30 PM.
Where: CTLR Davis Damily Library 225
Topics: Grammar Review, People Who Can Help
Who Must Attend?
* All new PWTs must attend.
* All new FYSMs not previously trained as PWTs must attend.
* Trained PWTs and trained FYSMs who have not attended session 4 or 5 must attend.
However, all PWTs and FYSMs must fill out the Future Plans Form—either at the meeting or electronically.
FYSMs and PWTs in classes: Please fill out the class survey when you receive it.
Monday 11/7 at 4:30, Library 105, LIS will hold a Ref-Works session just for PWTs and FYSMs. This training is helpful for both you and your students. Lis will pay you for your time! You will fill out a temporary pay card while you are there.
PWT Session #4—Writing and Speaking Across the Disciplines
CTLR Library 225
* Tell us the writing expectations and guidelines of your major.
* Get comfortable giving oral presentations.
Who comes to this session?
* All new FYSMs must come to this session.
* Trained PWTS who are working as FYSMS for this first time.
* Trained FYSMs may come to this session, or session 5, or session 6.
After this session, you will be a better public speaker and you will be able to help your first-year seminar students give better presentations.
Make-up sessions are only for those who have received prior approval. E-mail Izzy Nuttall (firstname.lastname@example.org) for prior approval.
NOTE: THIS SESSION IS ON WEDNESDAY.
Wednesday, September 21, 4:30-6:30 PM, CTLR, Library 225
All new Writing and Academic Mentors must attend.
All trained Peer Writing Tutors now working as Writing and Academic Mentors must attend.
Trained Writing and Academic Mentors must attend either this session or Session 3 on Thursday, September 29th.
- Become expert at Time Management! Bring a syllabus from all four of your classes.
- You will practice a 15 minute-version of the 30 min. tutor session
- Always bring your training folder to all training sessions.
Make-up sessions are only for those who have received prior approval.