The upgrade of our email environment over the holiday break will bring a cleaner, more minimal look to Webmail (also known as Outlook Web App – OWA), designed with “touch” devices in mind. The appearance of the Webmail login screen has already changed, but the workings once logged in will not change until after your account has migrated.
- Student mailboxes will migrate Wed, Dec 17 through Fri, Dec 19.
- Faculty & Staff mailboxes will migrate Sat, Dec 20 through Sun, Dec 21.
The most noticeable differences in Outlook’s new “face” are the shift of many buttons/links to the upper right corner and the fact that Public Folders are no longer accessible when using the Web App. You will be able to adjust many settings by clicking the Settings (gear) icon located in the top right corner (beside the ? icon).
Here’s how you can quickly get up to speed on the changes:
* Watch a brief lynda.com movie (under 9 minutes!) to get familiar with the new look:
Exploring the OWA Interface
* Read Microsoft’s brief summary of the highlights: What’s new in Outlook Web App
* Visit go/webmailhelp for more details, resources and FAQs!