Baseball is a game that is played globally, featuring players whose backgrounds differ tremendously. Collectively, they compose a population as diverse as any other group of athletes in professional sport.
Success on the field is not measured by one individual’s talent, but rather how a team of individuals with different skills comes together to achieve a common goal. Each and every day, teams seek the best talent in order to stay ahead of the curve in the ultra-competitive landscape of the Major Leagues. Major League Baseball understands that we must apply that same approach to our front offices in order to secure the game’s next generation of leadership. With that in mind and while celebrating Jackie Robinson’s 100th birthday in 2019, Major League Baseball is pleased to announce the 2020 Diversity Fellowship Program in order to continue to support the legacy that he created.
- Open to people of color and female candidates.
- Candidates must be recent graduates (Spring 2017 graduates to upcoming Spring 2020 graduates) with either a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degrees or related advanced degree.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- A passion for and knowledge of baseball is helpful but not required.
- Former professional baseball and softball players (including national team members) who have earned a degree(s) and do not meet the graduation date requirement but have ceased playing within the last two years will also be eligible.
- For the Club Fellowship Program, a commitment of at least 18 months of employment is required at any participating Club in which you are placed.
- Exact locations are up to the discretion of Major League Baseball and participating Clubs.
- Cover letter
- A personal statement (500 words or less)
- Two letters of recommendation
The MLB Diversity Fellowship application goes live on Monday, August 19, 2019 and the application deadline is Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
- Epic Games – Language Translation Games QA (Localization) Tester – Deadline date: 5/31
- Cambridge Community Television – Teaching Artist for Summer Media Institute – Deadline date: 5/31
- Bread Loaf View Farm – Marketing Coordinator – Social Media- Deadline date: 5/31
- Group M – Summer Internship (Advertising/Marketing)- Deadline Date: 5/31
- Bully Pulpit Interactive- 2019 Fall Fellowship – Deadline date: 6/1
- Rational 360- PR Intern Summer 2019 – Deadline date: 5/31
- Acuris Global- Summer 2019 Marketing Internship- Deadline date: 5/26
- Burlington City Arts- Gallery Education and Programs Intern- Deadline date: 5/24
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts- Several opportunities available with a 5/24 Deadline date.
- Berkshire Sports Academy- Customer Service Specialist and Marketing Assistant- Deadline date: 5/31
- Burlington Country Club- Front of the House Food & Beverage Internship- Deadline date: 5/31
- Development Counsellors International – Marketing Coordinator/Copywriter- Deadline date: 6/1
- Ampush- Growth Marketing Analyst- Deadline date: 5/31
- Centerforce- Marketing Associate – Deadline date: 5/28
- TMP Worldwide- Account Executive Digital Advertising- Deadline date: 5/31
- Cushman Design Group- Marketing and Administrative Associate – Deadline date: 5/31
- Ideas On Purpose- Project Coordinator- Deadline date: 6/1
- ISlide USA- Rotational Program- Deadline date: 6/1
- Atlantic Media – Membership Development Associate- Deadline date: 5/31
- Dow Jones & Co. – Marketing Associate, The Wall Street Journal – Deadline date: 5/31
- Forbes Media- Event Coordinator- Deadline date: 5/24
- Princeton University Press- Editorial Assistant (Natural History & Biology) – Deadline date: 5/25
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) – Assistant, Digital Talent & Packaging (Gaming) – Deadline date: 5/28
- Twentieth Century Fox- Analyst, Decision Science – Deadline date: 5/31
- School of Creative and Performing Arts- Program Coordinator – Deadline date: 5/31
I’ve sorted through Handshake and including a link HERE to all the PAID internships, jobs and fellowships in SOCIAL IMPACT. THERE ARE LOTS OF PAID POSITIONS STILL OPEN ON HANDSHAKE (over 600+!)! Below are just a few with deadlines this week:
Full-Time Job New York City, NY Apply before Tuesday, 9/3
Full-Time Internship Cambridge, MA and 1 more Apply before Friday, 5/24
Full-Time Job Silver Spring, MD Apply before Thursday, 6/6
Full-Time Fellowship Carbondale, CO and 2 more Apply before Sunday, 6/30
Full-Time Job Port Angeles, WA and 6 more Apply before Monday, 7/1
Full-Time Job Sedona, AZ Apply before Friday, 6/7 All Employer Preferences Match
Here are all the current paid and unpaid GLOBAL HEALTH opportunities that are on Handshake now–70 PAID and 30 more that are unpaid! So fear not, there is still time to secure that experience for the summer.
Rocket Software is a leading global developer of software products that help corporations, government agencies and other organizations reach their technology and business goals. 1,300 Rocketeers on five continents are focused on building and delivering solutions for more than 10,000 customers and partners.
Why work at Rocket?
As you’re planning your next career move—or maybe your first career move—know that Rocket is home to innovators at every level of the software industry. When you become a Rocketeer, you become a member of the global family they call One Rocket. As part of One Rocket, they encourage you to build lasting relationships with peers, managers, and executives beginning on day one. From intern to CEO, every expert at Rocket has earned the right to be there—and every day they prove it. But being a Rocketeer means nothing without the fun t and music (sorry, what? Read all about the Rocket Band!) that comes with it.
Check out their open positions in Handshake:
- Summer Software Engineering Intern – deadline 5/13
- Summer Front End Web Developer Intern – deadline 5/20
- Customer Solutions Intern – deadline 5/27
- Tax Intern – deadline 5/27
- User Experience Design Intern – deadline 5/27
- Design Intern – deadline 5/31
- Project Management Intern – deadline 6/3
- Summer Corporate Development Intern – deadline 6/3
- Product Marketing Intern – deadline 6/3
- Business Development Representative – deadline 7/29
- Customer Solutions Engineer II – deadline 8/19
Click on the titles to view the positions in Handshake.
This position is brought to you us Emily Kolodka ’18.
Gain an abundance of clinical experience and patient exposure by working directly with medical staff, PAs, and orthopedic surgeons in a private orthopedics practice.
FULL TIME JOB, requires undergraduate graduation by May 2019.
- Regularly shadow in ORs of NYC’s Lenox Hill Hospital and SurgiCare of Manhattan
- See patients in an office setting alongside an orthopedist daily, while learning how to document these physician-patient encounters in an EMR system and how to take patient history/exam
- Assist physician with clinical research projects through NY Orthopedics and NISMAT (Nicholas Institute of Sports Medicine and Athletic Trauma), and learn how to consent surgical patients for research
- Network with healthcare professionals including orthopedic surgeons, anesthesiologists, registered nurses, physician’s assistants, and medical device representatives
Learn more about the position in Handshake. Deadline 5/15.