Located in Western North Carolina the Eagle’s Nest Foundation summer camp and academic semester school provide transformative wilderness and cultural adventures. For over 85 years the Foundation has focused on fostering profound individual development, connection to the natural world and responsible action to our local and global communities. Eagle’s Nest Foundation is a non-profit educational organization whose programs are designed for young people ages 6-18.
Eagle’s Nest is seeking an EMT to staff our health care facility for the summer of 2018.
Responsibilities: Working with a Registered Nurse or Physician’s Assistant, the EMT is responsible for providing daily and first aid care to approximately 140 campers and 60 staff, and for working with wilderness staff to manage first aid kits. Staff will live on the campus in beautiful Pisgah Forest.
Qualifications: Candidates must have a minimum of current EMT-Basic certification, and, if certified outside of North Carolina, must be able to get reciprocal certification in this state. Wilderness EMT certification is strongly preferred.
Benefits: Competitive salary, room, board, access to laundry, and professional discounts on gear.
Learn more in Handshake.
Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) is an international leader in health care delivery and has been the site of pioneering breakthroughs that have improved lives around the world. A 793-bed teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School in Boston, it is internationally renowned for excellence in patient care, groundbreaking biomedical research, and training the next generation of leading physicians and scientists. BWH has been recognized for 23 consecutive years by US News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals and provides care to patients from throughout the U.S. and from over 120 other countries in virtually every area of adult medicine.
Check out their postings in Handshake:
Application deadline May 1st.
Will you have a Bachelor’s Degree in a Life Science, Computer Science, or Business?
Finch Therapeutics is unlocking the therapeutic potential of the microbiome via a human-first drug discovery platform. We support clinical studies that intentionally manipulate the microbiome to investigate causality in diseases that are otherwise poorly understood. Using high-throughput molecular data from clinical studies and ex-vivo experiments, we identify specific strains that drive clinical phenotypes and responses to microbial therapies. Our team values transparency, integrity, humility, and collaboration, and we intend to have fun while maximizing our ability to make an impact on patients’ lives. We are searching for passionate teammates eager to support this mission.
Under direction of the Product Operations Manager, the Operations Associate is responsible for the assessment, planning, coordination and implementation of defined projects that support organizational initiatives.
The Operations Associate performs duties such as project planning, facilitation of meetings, identification and management of risk, and management of communication plans. This individual must be able to work independently while keeping management apprised of risks and project status.
Learn more in Handshake.
Staple Health is a platform that care teams use to identify and predict patient outcomes and risk.
They are currently hiring a Software Engineering Intern – check out their post in Handshake:
Staple Health is seeking Computer Science students with a passion for simplifying healthcare data. At Staple Health, you will be given the opportunity to pursue a project improving one of three main areas of our production software stack, all critical to our future business:
- Data Processing and Storage – Refine a data processing pipeline to accurately and efficiently calculate complex patient outcome data received directly from a provider’s electronic medical records.
- Frontend Data Visualization – Improve clarity of data presentation and add functionality to a web application utilized by physicians and hospital staff to understand the results of Staple Health’s prediction algorithms and take meaningful action to help patients.
- RESTful Patient Data API – Allow Staple Health’s partners to access and integrate with our data sources via a modern RESTful HTTP API.
Staple Health is a fast growing startup. As an intern, you will experience all parts of our quickly growing codebase while being exposed to the immediate business need that your work serves. Ideal candidates will be fast learners, effective communicators, and experienced in multiple programming languages.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related fields.
- Clear understanding of how modern web applications are built, tested, and deployed.
- You have worked on personal projects and demonstrate an ability to write clear, readable software, and to quickly comprehend a new codebase.
- Bonus points for:
- Experience with statistical computing tools such as Pandas, Numpy, Tensorflow, Spark, etc.
- Knowledge of at least one cloud computing provider such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
Revature is looking for several passionate and ambitious Entry Level Software Engineers. They are a rapidly growing technology company that is focused on providing its Fortune 500 clients with the best software engineers in the country. Revature Software Engineers work with some of the top companies in the country, on projects that make a difference.
Interviews are starting now. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.
At Revature, it’s more than a job—they provide careers in technology. Their program gives you the next-gen skills needed to work at top companies, on projects that make a difference. Gaining the tools you need to be successful starts at Revature.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, IS or related field
- 0-3 years experience
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- The passion and drive to expand your coding skills
- Outstanding communication skills to effectively collaborate with teams
- Solid foundational knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
- Excellent problem solver
- Ability to relocate anywhere within the US
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis
Learn more in Handshake.
ZL Technologies is employee-owned and controlled, free from the short-term focus of investors which regularly results in premature product deployments and other shortcuts. The freedom to focus on the long-term corporate goals gives them the flexibility to make prudent decisions for their customers. ZL’s long-term outlook has culminated in a clear differentiation in product quality, a point consistently echoed by their customers. With reliable products and services, talented people, and constant collaboration between partners and customers, they have created a profitable and sustainable business model; one that is taking ZL in imaginative new directions.
ZL has proven itself as the specialized provider of electronic content archiving software for the most demanding large enterprise environments. Built upon the industry’s most scalable platform, ZL offers today’s leading organizations the ability to comprehensively manage the entirety of their digital assets. To accomplish this challenge, ZL engineered a number of complex technologies into one seamless solution in order to manage billions of documents from a consolidated point of control. Today, the award-winning ZL Unified Archive® addresses analytics, eDiscovery, compliance, records management, file analysis and storage optimization, continuously providing next-step big data governance solutions to all its customers.
They are currently hiring 4 positions! Click the positions below to view the postings in Handshake.
They are looking for an independent and highly motivated individual to join their research program focused on mammalian regenerative biology. The Lehoczky Lab studies mouse digit tip regeneration and is presently focused on determining the molecular pathways necessary for this process. This position provides an exciting opportunity to work at the interface of basic and translational research in a collaborative and stimulating environment.
- Previous laboratory experience in molecular biology, genetics, and mouse husbandry is recommended.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to multi-task, think critically and work independently.
- Good interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills. Demonstrates the ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, and can clearly write about and present their work.
- Two year (or more) commitment strongly preferred.
Learn more in Handshake.