During our regular maintenance window this Sunday, Oct 19th between 6 and 10 am we have the following activities planned.
- A patch will be applied to the DNS servers requiring sequential reboots. DNS resolution may see some slow responses for up to 20 minutes
- Two of our spam filters will be moved between racks in one data center. There’s sufficient redundancy that no impact will be seen
- One of our database servers and a print server will be rebooted. Printing queues may be unreachable for up to 15 minutes
- One of our two ISP circuits will be down for 2 hours while the provider performs maintenance
o We have sufficient redundant bandwidth. Internet reachability will not be impacted
o Point-to-Point VPNs may drop a few packets, twice, during route changes
- The VSphere interface to our virtualized server environment will be patched and rebooted. Reachability will be down for up to 15 minutes
- Middfiles will be rebooted and unreachable for up to 15 minutes
We appreciate your patience as we continuously strive to keep our systems functioning optimally.
ITS – Central Systems & Network Services
Middlebury, VT 05753