UpNext is a dynamic career exploration series from the Center for Careers and Internships.
Each UpNext event brings alumni to campus to give Middlebury students an insider’s understanding of that industry, available career paths, and information about roles and skills necessary to enter future jobs and internships. Students also get first-hand look into the personal career paths of participating alumni from the Middlebury Professional Networks.
The UpNext: Careers in Life Science is March 14th and 15th and has a series of wonderful opportunities to learn about the alumni, network, have your resume reviewed, and attend various workshops. Check out the schedule below!
Thursday, March 14
Careers in Life Science Panel Discussion at 6:00 pm in MBH 220
When it comes to the Life Science industry, there is a broad variety of ways to pursue your interests and find outlets for your abilities and liberal arts preparation; there are roles for STEM, humanities, and social science majors. The panelists will talk about the trends shaping the scope of this industry and what they mean for future roles in this field. Hear from a panel of Middlebury alumni with a variety of backgrounds who now have careers across a wide spectrum within the industry. The Panel will be moderated by Charlotte Sibley ’66 (French)- President, Sibley Associates, LLC.
- Penny Post ’89 (Biology) – Vice President, Protein Sciences Corporation
- André Spring ’88 (French & Spanish) – Director Strategic Market Access, Novartis Oncology
- Caroline Brown ’15 (Biochemistry & Italian) – Sr. Consultant, Clearview Healthcare Partners
- Jeremy Ward – Albert D. Mead Professor of Biology, Middlebury College
The panel discussion will be followed by a reception of students with the alumni participating in the UpNext program in MBH Great Hall.
Friday, March 15
Résumé Review Office Hours from 9:00 am-12:00 pm in ADK CLT
If you are interested in a career in Life Sciences, don’t miss this chance to get valuable feedback on your resume from Middlebury alumni currently employed in the industry. Résumé reviews are private, one-on-one conversations and around 20 minutes in length.
- Charlotte Sibley ’66 – Liberal Arts in Pharma
- Caroline Brown ’15 – Consulting in Life Sciences
- Tanvir Mahmud ’93 – Medical Devices and Pharma Research
- Brad Schenkel ’97 – Health Outcomes and Economics
- André Spring ’88 – Marketing in Life Science Companies
Workshops from 1:00-5:00 pm
Experienced professionals currently employed by a variety of Life Science firms will host multiple workshops designed to set you up for success as you explore career possibilities. Each workshop is 45 minutes. Attend them all or select only the ones most relevant to you; there will be short breaks between each session to allow you to come and go. Stay tuned for full descriptions of each of the workshops!
- Careers in Medical Device Companies – Tanvir Mahmud ’93 at 1:00 pm in MBH 220
- Drug Development Process – Jack Terrett ’11 at 2:00 pm in MBH 219 (virtual session)
- Introduction to Life Sciences Consulting – Caroline Brown ’15 at 3:00 pm in MBH 220
- Health Economics and Outcomes Research – Brad Schenkel ’97 at 4:00 pm in MBH 219
Stay tuned for more info in the coming week!