Check out the over 40 summer internships and jobs listed in Handshake with application deadlines between March 18 and March 25th. Don’t wait and check them out HERE!
Though winter has a hold on Vermont, there are only 118 days until the summer’s adventures on Damariscotta Lake, ME begin. Come join us as we share memories and make plans for an amazing summer. Kieve-Wavus veterans as well as newcomers interested in learning more about this remarkable opportunity are welcome to join. Past summer counselors will be on hand to help answer questions, along with Kirstie Truluck, Wavus Camp for Girls Director.
WHEN: Tuesday, March 19th 2019 from 5-7PM
WHERE: Rm. 303 – McCardell Bicentennial Hall
RSVP on Handshake for the event HERE.
Contact Kirstie Truluck, Wavus Camp for Girls Director if you are interested but cannot make the event: email@example.com
Shelburne Farms is seeking a summer-season, Middlebury student interested in learning from and working alongside their farm-based education programs and staff. The student will live onsite and is immersed in the daily rhythms of the farm and the cycle of the seasons. Farm-Based Camp Educators team-teach up to 9 weeks of their summer camp program.
They offer day camps for ages 4-14, and overnight camps for ages 12-17, which provide youth with opportunities to engage in their food system, build relationships with peers, and explore natural communities.
Mentorship will be provided by education staff members; a variety of texts and resources; and through independent reflection.
Learn more in Handshake. Deadline 3/31.
Thursday, March 14 (3.14) come to CCI between 3:00 and 5:00 pm to celebrate Pi Day with PIE and résumé reviews!
- Gather your résumé and head to CCI (ADK House) between 3-5 pm
- Check in at the kiosk at the front desk
- Choose your favorite delicious slice of pie
- Meet with a Peer Career Advisor to have your résumé reviewed
Remember: Anyone who has applied for summer internship funding MUST HAVE their résumé approved by a Peer Career Advisor before April 7th.
You may as well enjoy some PIE while you work!
After your résumé approval, choose between many great events Friday night:
- CCI’s Field Guide to ENAM Majors Alumni Panel at 5:30 pm in Atwater – learn more about the event here.
- CCI’s UpNext: Careers in Life Science Alumni Panel at 6:00 pm in MBH 220 (followed by a reception in the Great Hall) – learn more about the event at go/UpNextLifeScience.
- The 2019 Scott A. Margolin Lecture in Environmental Affairs at 7:00 pm in MBH 216. Learn more here.
There’s a lot going on on Thurdsay! Make sure to stop in for pie and a résumé review before you head to one of the events!
Here is the weekly LINK on Handshake to educational opportunities with deadlines coming this week of March 11 through March 18. There are so many great opportunities, and here are a few examples:
On Thursday, March 14, seven Middlebury grads who majored in ENAM will return to campus for the English and American Literatures Field Guide.
- Register here for the: Career Panel and Dinner (Thursday, March 14 at 5:30pm in Atwater Dining)
- Register here to talk: One-on-One Career Conversations (Friday, March 15 9:30am-noon at the CCI)
Find out how they went from campus to career. ALL majors/minors and class years welcome.