Present: Mike Roy, David Ludwig, Jim Stuart, Chris Norris, Mary Backus, Terry Simpkins and Doreen Bernier
We talked about regularizing a structure for team assessments and updates to the directors group. We agreed that rather than ask teams to meet directly with the directors to provide updates, we will ask each team to present their latest quarterly updates at an LIS staff meeting once a year to provide information on their recent accomplishments, current priorities, longer-range thoughts and goals. Additionally, we will invite each team leader to a directors’ meeting 4 times a year to discuss priorities, communications and resource issues. We also will ask each team member for feedback at least once a year, and are developing a list of questions to guide that conversation. We agreed that this feedback should not be anonymous. Mike will send out a communication with the teams about this assessment proposal.
We then reviewed and discussed the proposal and justification for wireless network administrator position to refill that open position. This was approved.
Prior to meeting, we reviewed the LIS Facilities Requests process being facilitated by Joseph. This requests are due in to Facilities by October 11th.
Upcoming meeting agendas:
- Oct. 16 – All-staff meeting:
- Staff Awards
- Get to know the Directors: Jim Stuart and David Ludwig
- LIS private blog initial roll-out
- Time for learning discussion
- October Manager’s Meeting – cancelled
- Oct. 17 – Director’s retreat
- Directors Team – expectations, ground rules, etc. in light of the revamped team structure and newer members
- Oct. 24 – Directors’ meeting
- Education and Training Team visits
- project management : Discuss a proposal to develop a common understanding and vocabulary around project management
- content and usefulness of directors’ updates: Review the updates we provide one another to see if we can improve their utility.
- Consortium of Liberal Arts Colleges (CLAC): staff exchange proposal: Discuss a proposal from CLAC to facilitate staff exchanges to share expertise among CLAC schools
- Team Assessment Protocol : Further discussion of the plan to assess our current team
Thanks for reading
Terry & Doreen