Pat Manley (Geology) has been awarded a fellowship from the Marion and Jasper Whiting Foundation for a project titled Reading the Rocks: A History of Modern Geology. The grant will fund travel in England and Scotland this summer to geologic locations that are key to understanding the history of modern geology and to museums and historic sites that will bring to life the geologists who founded this field. Pat’s goal is to enhance her teaching of introductory and advanced geology by adding sections on the history of geologic thought.
Tom Manley (Geology) has received a grant from the Lintilhac Foundation for the second year of a project titled High-Resolution Bottom Mapping of Lake Champlain. This long term effort will update the 2005 bottom bathymetric map of Lake Champlain and provide a significant increase in the resolution of the map of the lake bottom that is important to the recreation, research, and management communities.
Ata Anzali (Religion) has been awarded a fellowship from the Marion and Jasper Whiting Foundation for a project titled A Comparative Exploration of Sufi Sacred Spaces: The Cases of North India and the Balkans. The grant will fund travel to the Balkan countries of Albania, Bosnia, and Kosovo and to northern India to enable Ata to learn, first-hand, about the lived experience of Muslim devotees in Sufi sacred spaces. The goal of this project is to help Ata complement his text-based understanding of the rich tradition of Sufism and thus enhance his ability to teach about it.
The key features of this release include:
- A less distracting inline link interface
- Formatting shortcuts for horizontal lines and
- Live responsive previews when customizing themes
- Custom logo support
- Smart image resizing; images now load up to 50% faster
- Drupal features 7.x-2.9
- WordPress 4.5
- WordPress CommentPress Core 3.8.9
- WordPress Editorial Calendar 3.6.2
- WordPress Hueman theme 3.0.11
- WordPress Illustratr theme 1.2.7
- WordPress More Privacy Options 4.3
- WordPress Post Types Order 1.8.7
- WordPress Responsive theme 18.104.22.168
- WordPress The Events Calendar 4.1.2
- WordPress Twenty Eleven theme 2.4
- WordPress Twenty Twelve theme 2.0
- WordPress Twenty Thirteen theme 1.9
- WordPress UMW Multisite JetPack Control 1.2
- WordPress Widget Shortcode 0.2.5
- WordPress WPTouch Mobile Plugin 4.1.1
- WordPress WP-PostViews 1.73
Fixes and Tweaks
- An excess memory usage problem caused by excessive fetching of revisions within Jetpack’s custom CSS module has been resolved.
- PIDM and 8-digit ID’s have been exposed via CAS and CAS_Directory for use in the Course Hub.
- Guests can now be granted the ability to log into some Drupal sites [Course Hub] without requiring that all guests have their accounts auto-created.
- The CAS user sync now works when users’ languages are greater than five characters.
Come sit outdoors and enjoy watching our models show off all the latest fashions being sold at the College Bookstore.
This Friday, April 22nd, 5:30-6:30 pm between Mead Chapel and Hepburn Hall! Rain location will be Ross Dining Hall!