The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing (GHC) is the world’s largest gathering of women technologists. It is produced by the Anita Borg Institute and presented in partnership with the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).
GHC 17 will be Wednesday, October 4-Friday, October 6 in Orlando, FL. Professor Amy Briggs will once again be bringing a group of students to the conference this year. Please check with Professor Briggs if there is still space available by filling out the online form here.
Consider applying for registration funding:
- Yext GHC17 Scholarship – Yext is a proud sponsor of the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing. They are excited to provide sponsorships for students to attend & experience the world’s largest conference for women in technology. Deadline Tuesday, August 1
- CRA-W GHC17 Research Scholars Program – the GHC Research Scholars program brings undergraduate women with interest in computing research to the annual Grace Hopper Celebration.The purpose of this program is to give attendees a unique experience, providing them a mentor, networking opportunities, and advising toward graduate school and research careers in computing. Deadline Tuesday, August 15
The contact for this opportunity is a Midd alum!!
Vermont Congressman Peter Welch (D-VT) is seeking unpaid interns to begin in September in his Capitol Hill Office. Congressman Peter Welch represents Vermont’s At-Large District. He is a Chief Deputy Whip of the House Democratic Caucus and a member of the Democratic Steering and Policy Committee. He serves on the Committee on Energy and Commerce and the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
- Assist with office administrative tasks including sorting incoming mail, greeting visitors, and answering phones.
- Assist in the preparation of constituent responses.
- Perform legislative research.
- Attend briefings, hearings, and special events.
- Gain valuable Hill experience learning about the federal legislative process.
- Complete a Capstone project in which they develop a mock bill and guide it through the legislative process on its way to becoming law
Fall session interns generally begin in mid-September and end in early December; however, these dates are flexible and varying schedules may be accommodated. Vermont ties are preferred but not necessary. Open to undergraduate and graduate students.
Please e-mail a resume, brief cover letter, college transcript (unofficial is sufficient), two letters of recommendation, and a 1-2 page writing sample to: WelchInterns@mail.house.gov. Please include “DC Intern” in the subject line.
Deadline for Submission: August 11, 2017
As part of Google’s ongoing commitment to increase the number of women in engineering, we are excited to offer travel grants to the 2017 Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference taking place in Orlando, FL from October 4-6. Once again, this year’s conference will offer incredible opportunities for mentoring, networking and career development. As someone who indicated interest in hearing about CS opportunities with Google, we’re reaching out to invite you to apply.
University students and industry professionals in the US and Canada who are excelling in computer science and passionate about supporting women in tech can apply for a travel grant to attend the 2017 Grace Hopper conference.
The Grace Hopper Travel Sponsorship includes:
- Conference registration
- Round trip flight to Orlando, FL (from within the US or Canada)
- Reimbursement for ground transportation to and from the airport and the hotel
- Arranged hotel accommodations from October 3-7
- $75 USD reimbursement for miscellaneous travel costs
- A fun event specifically for travel grant recipients on one of the evenings of the conference!
Please apply here by Monday, July 17. The Grace Hopper Travel Sponsorship winners will be announced by mid-August.
If there are any questions at all, please direct to email@example.com.
We’ve added a “Middlebury Google Fusion Tables” plugin to WordPress that allows you to embed content from that service.
Fixes and Tweaks
- Creating a new website for the Middlebury Institute of International Studies.
- Archiving Moodle.
- Building out the configuration of our CAS servers in Chef, which is a configuration management system. We have already completed this work for our Drupal, WordPress, MediaWiki, GO, Omeka, and the Course Catalog services.
- Upgrading the Drupal sites for the Davis programs, Dining Menus, and Museum of Art to Drupal 8.
Information Session for Middlebury Students
We hope to see you on Friday, August 11!
Deloitte Consulting Strategy and Operations (S&O) is hosting an in-person informational session on Friday, August 11th, which will provide opportunities to learn more about Deloitte’s practice and provide insight about both full-time and summer positions. Deloitte’s S&O practice works with senior executives to help them solve their toughest and most complex problems; and their clients span a range of industries including Consumer Products, Healthcare, Financial Services, Energy and many more!
This event will be hosted at Deloitte’s NYC headquarters, located at 30 Rockefeller Plaza. To indicate your interest in attending, please complete this form by Friday, July 14th.
Key event details can be found below. Additional information, including logistics, will be provided to those selected to attend.
Event Date: Friday, August 11th, 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Event Location: Deloitte’s New York Office (30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY)
Attire: Business casual