Helping Overcome Poverty’s Effects (HOPE) is seeking a student to serve on their board of trustees.
Applications for the position can be accessed here.
The board of trustees meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 3:30 p.m. at 282 Boardman Street in Middlebury. Please email questions and completed applications to Jeanne Montross at email@example.com.
You may also mail applications to:
Jeanne Montross, HOPE
P.O. Box 165
HOPE is a Middlebury-based organization that “assists low income individuals and families in many ways, depending on their needs and circumstances” throughout Addison County. Their services include providing meals through their food shelf, hosting cooking classes, providing financial assistance with housing and utilities, helping with urgent medical and dental needs, and providing job-related assistance including tools, uniforms, and tests.
The Volunteer Service Organization (VSO) is currently looking for for individuals to join their board. Open positions include treasurer, site coordinators, and publicity chair. The application deadline is Sunday, October 15th.
The application can can be accessed here.
Please email questions and completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the positions:
- Keep track of VSO spending
- Periodically update executive board of monetary status
- Create annual budget (due at end of spring semester)
- Liaison between other members/projects and anything money-related
- Co-lead at least 1 volunteer worksite (~3 hours Friday or Saturday) with VSO a semester
Site Coordinators (2)
- Liaison between co-chair and publicity chairs
- Lead 2 VSO Worksites (~3 hours Friday or Saturday) a semester where you will:
- Act as contact person for off-campus organizations
- Educate members about site/organization prior to event
- Drive a college van to and from the site
- Reflect on the work done prior to the event with event members
- Maintain bulletin boards in McCullough with up-to-date information on special events, worksites, and long-term volunteering opportunities
- Advertise major events via social media sites
- Get your friends to sign up and get excited about VSO
- Co-Lead at least 2 VSO worksites (~3 hours Friday or Saturday) a semester
The Volunteer Service Organization is the premier service group on the Middlebury College Campus. VSO participates in a variety of service activities, from carving pumpkins for the Helen Porter Nursing Home annual pumpkin lighting event to creating blankets used in the cold winter by Mothers Without Borders. Through VSO, volunteers are able to get involved in whatever service they enjoying doing or dipping their feet in the vast ocean of the plethora of community needs in the Middlebury and Addison County area. For more information on VSO, visit their webpage at go.middlebury.edu/vso.