As you’ve probably noticed, we haven’t been posting anything over the summer. But stay tuned, we’re gearing up for more announcements and stories this fall. Thanks!
Join me on Tuesday, September 27, at either 12:30 or 4:30 in Hillcrest 103 to learn all about what you can do for internships over Winter Term.
There are 30 plus opportunities in MOJO right now! If something there doesn’t strike your fancy, check out what students have done the last 3 Winter Terms. Did you know we have these reports here?
Are you wondering about how to get credit? Well first read this, or just come to the info session and I’ll tell you all about it.
See you there!
-Tim in EIA
Winter Term internships man with the plan
Fare Trade Recycling Intern
Opportunity generously provided by Midd Alum!
Fast-growing, 25 person company, specializing in end-of-life solutions and reuse for electronic waste. Despite our relatively small size, we are driving the “best practices” discussion on an international level.
We are looking for student interns to assist in the roll-out of our Fair Trade Recycling program. The position(s) may include travel to Mexico, Ghana, or Malaysia.
Our primary goal is to have help translating our business plans and operational documents into Spanish.
Also, we would require any intern to do at least some work in our warehouse in order to best understand the business, and to develop a rapport with our warehouse staff. Warehouse work means lifting some moderately heavy objects, and getting about as dirty as you would working in the organic garden. Past this point, the job description can be tailored to the interests of the applicant.
(** = required)
Fluency in English and Spanish or Chinese**
Willingness to travel**
10 hours+ / wk during business hours (8-5)**
Willingness and ability to do some physical labor (some warehouse work required)**
Excellent writing and composition skills
Experience with visual media (video editing, graphic design, etc)
Proficient in Word and Excel
Internship application due : October 3 (deadline extended!)
Apply via MOJO!
As classes get going, here at EIA (Education in Action) we wanted to put a few thoughts in your head about internships.
First of all, Winter Term is a great time to get some experience. Save the date for the information session on Tuesday, September 27. At 12:30 or 4:30, both sessions in Hillcrest 103. Come to learn all about applying for credit, or just to find out about some good opportunities.
In the meantime, here is a quick glimpse of some ‘hot’ opportunities in MOJO right now:
• Campus Education and Outreach Coordinator at Food and Water Watch. Deadline Sept 19. Can be done virtually here on campus.
• Food Sovereignty Campaign Intern, Rural Vermont Deadline Sept 19
• Program Coordinator at Girl Scouts of Green and White Mountains. Deadline Sept 25
• Web Content developer at Terry Bicycles in Burlington with TRUSTEE Liz Robert, deadline Sept 18.
• WT EMT class, Info session this Thurs at 5 pm in Axin 229. Deadline to apply is Oct 14
• WT Intern at Democracy for America. Deadline Oct 9
• WT Market Research Intern at Vtrim Online Solutions (weight loss and management) via alum and PAID, deadline October 9
• WT Research Intern at Peak XV Capital in NY via alum. Deadline Oct 9
• WT intern at Copper Canyon Press in Port Townsend WA. New this year. Deadline Oct 9
• WT Hunger Action intern at Presbytery of Philadelphia via alum. Deadline Oct 9
• WT Research and Web development intern at WowToyz in Vergennes. Deadline Oct. 9 Seems like cool, new opportunity.
• WT application for credit. Deadline is Oct 28 and all info is here: http://www.middlebury.edu/academics/resources/cso/students/internships/winter/wtforms
Interested in any of these? Head to MOJO right now and apply!