Present: Terry Simpkins, Mary Backus, and Doreen Bernier
Guests: Bryan Carson, Joe Antonioli, Carrie Macfarlane, Joy Pile
The Language School task force joined us to discuss their proposal for providing curricular technology support for this summer’s Language School programs. The team asked the ADs to review and approve various proposals, including:
Update curricular platforms documentation
- Minor changes to current documentation will be made as needed;
- Documentation that needs more extensive updating will be marked to alert users;
- CTT will periodically review and revise documentation tagged as being in need of updating;
- Joe A. will look into options for “tagging” [4/27 update - he has identified a couple of appropriate tags to use for this];
- An annual documentation review should be planned; this may be something the Curr Tech Team can assume ongoing responsibility for.
Curricular technology questions, unscheduled
- Joy has met with Mills coordinators and walked them through Moodle and the CourseHub. Mills coordinators can now “masquerade” as other users to help troubleshoot issues themselves;
- Joe A. has met with Joe D., Linda and Marty to introduce them to the CourseHub and Moodle platforms.
- Vacations may need to be staggered to ensure continuous coverage, especially during the July 4 holiday;
- ADs will ask their managers to balance vacations schedules within their groups.
Curricular technology questions, scheduled.
- The ADs would like to discuss this in a small group setting with support providers;
- Support for this, like most of the other LS tasks, will need to be revisited next year.
Onboarding Workshops for faculty/staff.
- We are hoping support can come from the Ed and Training Team. Mary will communicate with them about this;
- Bryan will provide a list of skills has has covered in the past when doing this training.
Courseware Workshops for faculty/staff.
- We would like LS bilinguals to shadow LIS staff this year as LIS staff conduct workshops. We will discuss this idea with coordinators and directors.
Curricular resource site creation
- Bilinguals and faculty who use curricular technology frequently will be asked to place request for site creation needs in advance to allow LIS to assess demands. At this point, there is no guarantee LIS can fill every request. Time spent performing this work may limit time available for other, equally important tasks;
- Joe A. is meeting with LS coordinators next Wednesday. He will set a deadline for LS departments to communicate needs/requests;
- Joe A. noted that a temporary and fairly straightforward means for site creation would be to use our pilot implementation of SANSpace. The down side to this would be if decided not to move SANSpace into production; we would then need to find another platform suitable for these sites;
- Joe A. will also find out from the coordinators when the bilinguals will be arriving.
Conversations with the team will be continued through email to make sure the appropriate conversations are taking place.
Thanks for reading
Terry & Doreen