Our team spent much of last week finding and fixing a number of errors related to the Drupal production environment migration to Chef. If any additional errors pop up that we might not have caught, please let us know via the Helpdesk.
Fixes and Tweaks
- A “More Link” field has been added to the rss_page content type on www.middlebury.edu.
- We copied over some missing rewrite rules for www.miis.edu from our old Drupal cluster.
- The URL fragment has changed from “studentlife” to “student-life” on forms.middlebury.edu.
- The case in FetchProxy where multiple entries existed for the same header is now being properly handled.
- After our production environment switch, Course Hub roster photos were failing to sync. This has now been fixed.
- Fixed an issue in the Course Hub that prevented instructors from being able to create spaces for lab/discussion sections.
- An Runtime Error has been resolved on directory.middlebury.edu, when attempting to view a list of results in which one row did not contain an email field.
- The WordPress language files have been updated.
The key features of this release include:
- A less distracting inline link interface
- Formatting shortcuts for horizontal lines and
- Live responsive previews when customizing themes
- Custom logo support
- Smart image resizing; images now load up to 50% faster
Fixes and Tweaks
- An excess memory usage problem caused by excessive fetching of revisions within Jetpack’s custom CSS module has been resolved.
- PIDM and 8-digit ID’s have been exposed via CAS and CAS_Directory for use in the Course Hub.
- Guests can now be granted the ability to log into some Drupal sites [Course Hub] without requiring that all guests have their accounts auto-created.
- The CAS user sync now works when users’ languages are greater than five characters.
- The WordPress Next Page plugin has been added to provide shortcodes and template tags for next/previous navigation in pages. The plugin includes a shortcode and tag for the parent page, allowing Drupal-like book navigation.
- A new Omeka plugin for displaying a login bar on the top of Omeka sites has been added and is available for use.
Tweaks and Fixes
Several changes were made to the Middlebury Institute site, including:
- The home page has an updated set of slider items.
- A “read more” link was added below the news stories region on the home page.
- The site has updated MBA redirects to match explicit paths, rather than “starts with”.
- Additional top-margin space on 3rd level menus has been added.
Other fixes this week:
- The Term filter on Study Abroad’s Course Information Database has been removed because it wasn’t relevant for most searches.
- We added filters to sort Alumni Profiles by Major and/or Class Year.
- A fatal error that was occurring on Course Hub dashboards when one of the courses had a Syllabus link has been fixed.