I have sent out confirmations to all trained Peer Writing Tutors and Writing and Academic Mentors who have FYSE assignments. If you have not yet accepted your confirmation, please do so now.
Save the date!
Mandatory Organization Meeting for Writing and Academic Mentors: Wednesday, September 11, 4:30-6:30, CTLR
Mandatory Organization Meeting for Peer Writing Tutors: Thursday, September 12, 4:30-6:30, CTLR
You will receive an email notice of the meeting you must attend in early September.
Peer Writing Tutor/Writing and Academic Mentor 2013-201314 leadership team:
Head Tutor: Emily Colton
Head Mentor: Anna Flinchbaugh
Head Drop-in: Emily Auran
PWT Session #5—Writing and Speaking Across the Disciplines
Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:30 PM-6:30 PM.
CTLR Library 225
* Tell us the writing expectations and guidelines of your major.
* Get comfortable giving oral presentations.
Who comes to this session?
- All new PWTS
- Trained Mentors now training and/or working as PWTs. (If you are not sure if you are in this category, e-mail me.)
- Trained PWTS may come to session 4, 5, or 6, or attend the Research workshop with Carrie Macfarlane. However, if you are planning to attend the Research Workshop, you must definitely commit to attending, and you must have already sent your RSVP to Chelsea Edgar. If you have not done this, place to attend session 5 or 6.
Make-up sessions are only for those who have received prior approval. E-mail Melanie Haas for permission.
Organization Meeting: Wednesday, February 13, 2013
4:30-6:30 PM, Center for Teaching, Learning, and Research
When: Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:30 PM-6:30 PM. (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
What are we doing?
- “Working with Multilingual (ESL) Students” ~ Dr. Shawna Shapiro
- People Who Can Help
- Complete Future Plans Form
Who needs to come?
- All new PWTs
- Trained PWTs who did not come to Session 4, must come this Thursday, or to Session 6 next week.
- Trained FYSMs who did not come to Session 4, must come this Thursday, or to Session 6 next week.
Make-up sessions are only for those who have received prior approval. Bring your folder to every session.
|5– Problems/ Grammar
|6– INTL /Getting Help/
Due to some scheduling conflicts, Session 5 for Mentors and Peer Writing Tutors will now cover Grammar issues as well as the previously scheduled Problems Students Face training.
Session 6 will now cover Working with International Students as well as the previously scheduled Getting Help.
This change has no impact on new tutors who must attend both sessions, but I want to call it to the attention of those previously trained Peer Writing Tutors and Mentors who can choose between attending sessions 3, 4, or 5.