The voice mail unified messaging delay first reported on December 8 has been corrected. For those users with the option, messages left should immediately go to your email inbox and a message waiting indicator will light on your telephone.
Our vendor will install a minor software update to the voice mail system on Wednesday evening, December 21, from 6 p.m. until approximately 8 p.m. The voice mail system will be down during this time. This does not affect the telephone system.
For those of you who use our voice mail unified messaging option, i.e. voice mail in email inbox, we’ve discovered that since 11/22/16 there is a varying delay in receipt and notification of a message from between a few minutes to over an hour. Our vendor is troubleshooting the issue. Voice mail users who don’t use unified messaging are not affected and continue to receive messages and notification within seconds of being left by caller.
ITS has replaced the printers with paper decks in Davis Library 142, 242 and 303 along with the two in Armstrong library. The new devices are Konica Minolta multi-function copier/printers. They look very similar to the Library_Color printers in LIB 142 and Armstrong lower level, but they only print in black and white. We have removed all print-release stations since users can now log into Papercut using the touch screen on the device. Signage has been posted on the wall above each machine providing the new instructions.
The Snow Bowl telephone system is out of service until some parts can be replaced – either later this afternoon or tomorrow, January 20. If you need to contact them by phone in the mean time, the back up telephone number is 388-2871.
The campus telephone system had a large data loss over the weekend. Our vendor is adding back the data, but it will take several hours to do so. At present the following functions are affected.
- Extensions that were newly assigned or changed location since June 2012 may have no dial tone or are not assigned to the correct location.
- Incoming calls not answered are diverting to the main campus voice mail greeting instead of an individual’s personal voice mailbox.
- Outgoing toll calls cannot be made by dialing 9. A telephone authorization code is required.
Another update will be posted later this evening.
ITS Telephone Services
Information Technology Services updated some printing services over the summer:
- One print queue – Library_Printers – to direct your print jobs to any of the six black and white printers in Davis Family Library and Armstrong Library.
- One print queue – Non_Library_Printers – to release jobs at any of the eight black and white printers in labs and classrooms.
Visit go/howtoprint to view our updated instructions on how to print to a public printer
- Cash Cards replace credit cards.
In the event you need to increase your print page quota, PaperCut cash cards have replaced the online credit card system. Purchase cards at Wilson Café in Davis Family Library, MiddXpress in McCullough, or the College Store in Proctor Hall.