Middlebury staff and faculty ride all CCTA and ACTR buses for FREE, including the commuter buses to Burlington and Rutland. Riding CCTA and/or ACTR buses saves you money while lowering your carbon footprint.
To ride the free commuter buses, you will need a sticker from Human Resources for your Middlebury ID card:
- Go to Human Resources with your Middlebury ID Card and ask for the CCTA/ACTR sticker for your ID
- When you ride an CCTA or ACTR bus, show your Middlebury ID to the bus driver
- The College reimburses rides on CCTA and ACTR commuter buses at NO expense to staff and faculty
NOTE: This is a staff and faculty benefit only. While students ride the Middlebury ACTR buses for free, they pay for the commuter buses.
Commuter Bus Routes
- Tri-Town Shuttle Bus: Middlebury – Vergennes – New Haven – Bristol
- Burlington LINK Express: Middlebury – Vergennes – Ferrisburgh – Charlotte – Shelburne – Burlington
- 116 Commuter: Middlebury – Bristol – Starksboro – Hinesburg – South Burlington – Burlington
- Rutland Connector: Middlebury – Salisbury – Leicester – Brandon – Pittsford – Rutland
If you are unsure about how to use the bus system or where to park to catch a bus, contact Kris Smith at kksmith@middlebury or 802.443.2536.