We’re starting this feature again to let you know about the changes that we’ve made recently to our web systems. This will appear each Monday in the Library & Information Technology Services blog.
- Drupal Instagram: You can now add lists of images from one or more Instagram users to your pages. This works well as a sidebar widget.
- Drupal Slideshow: Allows you to put a rotating image slideshow on a page.
- The Language Schools and Schools Abroad sites have had their headers redesigned. Additionally, there is now a fullwidth page theme for the Language Schools.
- We now support embedding content from ExpOsure in Drupal using the video shortcode, as you would with YouTube or Vimeo. Here’s an example of it in practice.
We’re working on improving our documentation and have cleaned up the content types section of the Editing in Drupal page. The Drupal File Upload documentation has been revised to incorporate the changes in that system with Drupal 7, and we’ve added a page about Drupal Email Newsletters, which are created differently in Drupal now, though the process for sending them through List Manager is the same.
The new Instagram and Slideshow content types are also documented and there is a page with the pixel dimensions of each region on our site, which is helpful when creating new Instagram and Slideshow content.
- Drupal Webform 7.x-4.5 (from 7.x-3.23): We’re now using the newest release of the Webform module which includes better support for conditional rules, including the option of multiple condition checks to display a field. You can also require a “Preview Submission” page to be shown before the user submits the form. Note that if you have a form with conditional rules and your conditions skip the last page in the form the preview page will always be shown. This upgrade also resolves any issues with file upload on multi-page forms and issues with the conditional email feature when copying forms.
- Drupal ctools 7.x-1.7
- Drupal colorbox 7.x-2.8
- Drupal features 7.x-2.4
- Drupal rules 7.x-2.9
- Drupal webform_validation 7.x-1.9
- Drupal 7.35 and Drupal 6.35
Tweaks and Fixes
- Images in the Drupal File Upload content are now wrapped in a link to the full-sized image. Note that the “Clicking on this image shows it full-size” checkbox when embedding an image is still not working.
- The comment form on Drupal News items on the Middlebury site now includes a comment policy and the unnecessary Subject field has been removed to improve the display of comments.
- Drupal Promotional Calendars on pages with empty sidebars now take up the full width of the content region, rather than being confined to 450px.
- The Middlebury 404 page is no longer showing extraneous navigation elements and has the correct margins on the text that is shown.
- Related videos are no longer shown for any YouTube embeds in Drupal.
- The Google Analytics code on the Middlebury Drupal site has been updated to allow links to “securelb.imodules.com” (the online giving form) to track as though they were hosted on our domain.
- Google Analytics on the MIIS forms site will now track clicks on form page buttons as discrete events, showing “Page 1 of 3″, for example, when a user clicks on the first page button on a multi-page form.
- WordPress video embeds from MiddMedia now support files containing sequential en-dash characters, ‘-‘. WordPress had been translating this into em-dash characters ‘–‘, breaking urls.