Multi-File Uploads in Drupal
Thanks to some assistance from our colleagues at Amherst, we’re almost ready to allow multiple files to be uploaded into a File Upload content type in Drupal again. Please try out this feature on our development copy of the site and let us know if you run into any issues. It works just like uploading files does now, except that you can select multiple files when you click the Browse button. We hope to have this feature enabled in production this month.
Files on ‘user’ Pages
Back in 2009-2010, while we were still setting up the Middlebury site and getting used to Drupal, it was possible to upload files to your personal “user” page, rather than your site’s hidden File Uploads page. We’re removing the otherwise unused “user” pages, which aren’t used for anything else and take up a lot of space in the database. There were still about 170 files on those pages, so we moved those files to the appropriate department or office site. If you see a sub-page of your site’s File Uploads page with someone’s name on it, that’s where that came from.
- Drupal addressfield 7.x-1.0
- Drupal admin_views 7.x-1.4
- Drupal better_exposed_filters 7.x-3.2
- Drupal data 7.x-1.0-alpha7
- Drupal geofield 7.x-2.3
- Drupal migrate 7.x-2.7
- Drupal openlayers 7.x-2.0-beta11
- Drupal reCAPTCHA 7.x-1.12
- Drupal select_or_other 7.x-2.21
- Drupal socialfield 7.x-1.4
- Drupal views_rss 7.x-2.0-rc4
- Embedded Google Calendars will sometimes not display any events. This is an issue that Google is working to resolve.
- There are some issues related to editing images in the Drupal WYSIWYG editor using Internet Explorer 9. We are working on resolving these issues and strive to support all modern browsers for our editors, but advise using a different browser to edit in Drupal at this time.
Tweaks and Fixes
- The Email share button on thewip.net was not working because we needed to add that domain to the allowed domains list for MIIS’s reCAPTCHA API key. If there are other WordPress domains that desire to use the Email share button aside from middlebury.edu, miis.edu, or thewip.net, please let us know.
- Images in File Upload nodes where the Link URL field was not blank in the Carousel were hidden. We’ve fixed this so that the images are shown.
- We have removed photos from the MIIS header, except on the homepage, and constrained the header width to 960px. This is part of an ongoing effort to do some work refreshing elements of that site’s design.