- There is now a “Log Out” link in the GO administration interface.
- A permalink to the latest “This week @ MIIS” newsletter now exists.
- We have added the WordPress OpenStreetMap plugin. We had several Google Maps plugins installed, but they had some issues because the plugin authors hadn’t updated them to support the latest version of the Google Maps API. The OSM plugin is better maintained and doesn’t tie us to a proprietary API.
- We have added the WordPress Rokophoto-lite theme.
- The Searchable Course Catalog and Course Hub both now provide support for MIIS Language and Professional Programs (including ESL courses) and undergraduate Summer-Study courses. Courses in these programs can now build online course materials.
Our colleagues at MIIS have put together a really nice quick-start guide to editing their Drupal site, including some fun video tutorials. While some of this is specific to the MIIS site, much of it also applies to the Middlebury Drupal site. We’ll be “borrowing” some of this content to improve our documentation.
- Drupal monster_menus 7.x-1.20
- Drupal select_or_other 7.x-2.22: Minor release to correct an issue where the textfield that allows you to enter a value when selecting the “Other” option on forms was required, but hidden.
- WordPress Jetpack 3.5.3: Among other things, this corrected an issue where the Facebook share button wasn’t working.
Tweaks and Fixes
- The site for the MIIS Center for Social Impact Learning has been redesigned to fit in with the rest of the MIIS site and the header features a custom wordmark logo for the program.
- The MIIS website now has the canonical name of the organization in the site header using JSON-LD microdata format to let search engines know which name to use when displaying links to the site on search results pages. This is something we’ll be rolling out to the Middlebury Drupal sites shortly as well.
- News stories on the MIIS site use a new set of custom designed social media icons, which will also soon appear in the site footer. Additionally, moving your mouse over the email icon no longer automatically opens a pop-up, you have to manually click on the icon.
- The Middlebury wordmark in MiddMedia‘s height and width have been adjusted to support the new identity graphic.
- We’ve added support for embedding Salesforce Pardot forms from learn.middlebury.edu on the Drupal sites using the new [iframe URL] shortcode.