AEF recently held its annual Symposium as a kick-off session to ANA’s Masters of Marketing Conference. The topic of “New Marketing Realities: The Intersection of Technology and Culture” was examined by a group of industry pros and academicians. The keynote presentation was given by Neal Arthur, Wieden + Kennedy. Master of Ceremonies, Paul Kurnit, Pace University also led a panel discussion with Carole Irgang, IBM; Husani Oakley, Deutsch; Lee-An Finlay, Acceleration, a Wunderman Thompson Company; and Kai Wright, Columbia University. Click here to view the full presentations now.
Oregon Shakespeare Festival Actors’ Equity Association (AEA) member Tyrone Wilson will be on campus Friday, November 8 to talk to students about his acting career. He graduated from Middlebury College with a Bachelor of Arts degree and received his Master of Fine Arts from Yale School of Drama. Click here to schedule your 1:1 chat on Friday, November 8 to learn about Tyrone’s career journey, how he got started, lessons learned about the industry etc. *Please note it is a two-step process to sign up.
As you search for opportunities in handshake, use the Filters tab. You could search by Industry OR by Job Function. You could narrow down the search by including location. Remember you could click on the star to favorite the job. In addition, you could search by Employers and favorite them too! If your notifications are on, you will then be notified when an employer has posted a new opportunity for you!
If you need help searching for jobs, please come see one of our peer career advisors. They could also review your cover letters and resumes before you submit them.
Below you will find a few highlighted opportunities currently available in handshake.
- The New York Times Fellowship
- Editorial Fellowship July 2020 at Atlantic Media
- Education Marketing Coordinator at SFJazz (Deadline date: 11/8/19)
- Public Policy Fellowship at Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute
- Los Angeles Assistant Account Executive at Kinetic Worldwide
As you search for winter and summer 2020 opportunities, document your efforts in a google doc/excel spreadsheet. Continue to update your document with new opportunities, application status, contacting Midd alumni etc. If you would like help on how to get started on this document, schedule an appointment with me in handshake.
Below you will find a sample of opportunities currently available in Handshake expiring soon! You could also search in handshake by entering “winter term” in the search bar.
*Please remember to have a PCA review your application before you submit it! Click here for their availability.
- New England Review Winter Term Intern
- Burlington Free Press Winter Term
- Winter Term 2020 Intern – working in writer’s room of the television show S.W.A.T. at MiddKid
- Winter Term 2020 Arts Administration Intern at Middlebury College – Mahaney Arts Center
- Winter Term 2020 Communications & Projects Intern at Addison County Chamber of Commerce
- Winter Term 2020: Arts Management, Marketing, Graphic Design, Theatre Production at Middlebury College – 21st Century Theatre Festival
- Winter Term 2020 News Reporter Intern at Addison Independent