- Trainee Equity Intern with Japanese Language Fluency
- Town Hall Theatre Summer Intern
- Art Advisory Internship – Vara Global Fine Arts
- Creative Recruiter – Robert Half
- WPTZ/WNNE Production Assistant
- FRONTLINE – Post-Production
- Digital Language Editor / QA Associate (Full-Time)
- Marketing and Promoting a Film Festival in Real Time: Press, Publicity and Social Media Internship
- How to Produce a Film Festival in Real Time: Business and Filmmaker Relations Internship
- Creating a Video Imprint of a Film Festival in Real Time: Videography Internship
A Night of Hall of Fame Hoops: A panel discussion featuring Jackie MacMullan of ESPN, Bob Ryan of The Boston Globe, and longtime Sports Illustrated writers Jack McCallum and Alexander Wolff.
Date: Wednesday, January 15
Time: 7:00pm- 8:30pm
Location: McCardell Bicentennial Hall 216
Hire Culture – Creative Employment in Massachusetts
The Mass Cultural Council is proud to offer Hire Culture, a FREE, searchable database of cultural employment opportunities throughout Massachusetts.
Hire Culture exists primarily for the benefit of nonprofit arts, science, and humanities organizations in Massachusetts. Other organizations and businesses in Massachusetts are welcome to submit listings of employment opportunities in the arts and culture sector for consideration.
Mass Cultural Council is a state agency that promotes excellence, inclusion, education, and diversity in the arts, humanities, and sciences to foster a rich cultural life for all Massachusetts residents and contributes to the vitality of our communities and economy.
Click here to review the comprehensive list of Artist Residencies!
Disney Theatrical Group operates under the direction of Thomas Schumacher and is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, bringing live entertainment events to a global annual audience of more than 19 million people in more than 50 countries. Under the Disney Theatrical banner, the group produces and licenses Broadway musicals around the world, delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, and licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International.
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality career training and development for the widest, most diverse group throughout their career trajectory. DTG’s summer internship program provides undergraduate students with an immersive view of theatre administration through on-the-job experience, educational seminars, and individual and collective projects. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater administration, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
Be a part of something big…
Disney Theatrical Group is currently seeking a passionate self-starter for a summer internship in the marketing department. This role is part of DTG’s Creative Services within the marketing department and focuses on video production, post-production, and motion graphics. The Video Content Intern will work to produce high quality digital content to support marketing, press, licensing, and other departments at DTG.
Make an impact by…
- The video content intern will learn how Disney Theatrical Group creates and utilizes digital media to support THE LION KING, ALADDIN, and FROZEN.
- The video content intern will develop and deliver video content for DTG’s social channels, assist in the various roles of video production, create animated digital assets, and learn to manage and distribute video content to fulfill the daily needs of the company.
- Genuine interest in the theatre industry
- Interest in video production and post-production
- Experience working with Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Solid understanding of social media and relevant platforms
- Experience in video production and with DSLR cameras
- Basic understanding of video compression settings a plus
- Creative and collaborative spirit, positive attitude, eager to learn
- Love for Disney properties is also a plus!
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from Tuesday, May 26, 2020 through Friday, August 7, 2020
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work. Positions are in New York, NY.
- At the time of application, must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring) prior to participation in the internship program.
A day in the life…
- Disney Theatrical Group has an open office environment. The noise level in the office varies from minimal to high depending on level of activity. Employees are welcome to utilize headphones.
- Interns will frequently collaborate in small groups, sometimes with executive leadership, in hands-on workshops, or on their final group presentation. These meetings are informal and facilitated by a member of the Education team, and you will be encouraged to ask questions and participate alongside your peers.
- Application Deadline: February 7, 2020
- Interview: March, 2020
- Decisions Made: April 10, 2020
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
Click here to apply!
Jeff Bushell is a screen writer and television producer showrunner who has written for Jim Carrey, Will Farell, Joaquin Phoenix, Anna Farris, Bernie Mac, James Franco and Kamil Najani. Earlier this year, Jeff sold his spec BAD DOG to Lionsgate with Seth Rogen’s Point Grey producing along with Eugenio Derbez and Ben Odell’s 3Pas Studios. Jeff also wrote the Black List script RICKY STANICKY which Peter Farrelly is attached to direct as well as Disney’s BEVERLY HILLS CHIHUAHUA. On the television side, he was an Executive Producer/showrunner for Nickelodeon BELLA AND THE BULLDOGS and was the Co-Creator and Showrunner for MARVIN, MARVIN. He also previously served as a Consultant for DRAWN TOGETHER on Comedy Central, and as Executive Story Editor for WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU and Story Editor for THE BERNIE MAC SHOW, both on FOX.
Please join us for a Career Conversation with Jeff Bushell on Tuesday, January 21 from 12pm-1pm in the CCI. He will discuss his career journey, lessons learned, skills needed to succeed in this business, and advice on how to get started in the industry!
Click here to register in Handshake!
Local artist Doug Lazarus will be working on a portrait project to celebrate the history of Middlebury. He plans to paint six to seven 10 foot portraitures of past Middlebury community members such as Emma Willard, Robert Frost, and Jim Douglas, permanently displayed along Exchange Street in Middlebury. Doug is interested in 1 or 2 interns to assist him. He would like to start creating portraits in January. If you are interested to learn more about his project, please feel free to contact Doug directly at Douglazarus@gmail.com or (802) 388- 0239.