Moodle has an assignments “activity” that’s very useful for creating assignments, collecting those assignments, grading them and returning them to students. Here’s how to create an assignment:
- Click on the “Edit this Site” link
- Chose “Add an activity… > Assignments > <<assignment type>>
- Enter an Assignment name and description
- Enter other assignment settings such as grade, due date and submission policies
- Click the “Save and return to course” button
Once you create an assignment, students will be able to see the assignment and complete it either by typing in text on the site (for “online text” assignments) or by uploading one or more files. Students will receive confirmation that they have completed the assignment and you have the option of providing feedback via the course site including an assignment grade that only the student graded will be able to view.