Monday, November 16, 3-4 pm, MBH 331
1. Announcements [5 minutes]
- LIS and the CTLR are looking for examples of innovative uses of technology to feature on the new Teaching with Technology Blog and in next year’s Pedagogy and Technology Fair.
- Other announcements?
2. Effects of budget cuts on LIS services and resources (Carol Peddie) [20 minutes]
3. Updates and followup from previous meetings: [15 minutes]
- Is DFS/middfiles faster than Tigercat?
- Calendar for software updates: coming.
- Network registration issues for fixed-location computers: contact Howie.
- Web Makeover:
- Still haven’t determined date when old system will be unavailable.
- Intellectual property: The copyright guidelines in the college handbook are there to assist people to make this determination. The handbook also has guidelines on sharing student records. It is not our policy to review posted material unless we are notified that there is a problem.
- Segue blog for updates. And, Alex Chapin is interested in coming to a future meeting.
4. Next steps for our May discussion on research and tech instruction [10 minutes]
5. Feedback, please: Are these meetings useful? How could they be better? [5 minutes]
6. Next meeting: March? [5 minutes]