Categories: Advisory Groups, Arts
Arts Advisory Meeting:
Monday, April 13, 2009
Present: Jennifer Ponder (light design and tech), Jason Mittell, Alex Draper, Judy Watts, Andy Wentink, Shel Sax More
The Languages Advisory Group met on May 14, 2009.
Attending: Co-conveners Bryan Carson (LIS) and Brigitte Humbert (French), Tom Beyer (Russian/FLAC Rep.), Kyoko Davis, Enrique Garcia (Spanish), Larry Yarbrough (Religion/Arabic), Alex Chapin (LIS).
Topics for this meeting were
- College Web Makeover information and discussion
- Future Plans for Course Management Systems (Segue)
- Follow-up on Previous Action items
- Web-based recording (Wimba/Clear)
- Moodle/Measure demo and discussion
Alex Chapin was the guest star of the meeting giving a short presentation and answering questions about Moodle/Measure, our online testing system for languages. More
Categories: Advisory Groups, Languages
When: Thursday, May 14, 4:00-5:00
Where: LIB 145
- How do you envision your Website?
- Who is the point person for your Website?
- Talk about 400 stories for White Whale.
- Questions More
Categories: Advisory Groups, Sciences
When: Wednesday, May 20, 1:30-2:30
Where: MBH 331
1. Update on web makeover (10 min.)
2. Update on Segue (10 min.)
3. Discussion of research and technology instruction for students (40 min.)
In preparation for Wednesday’s meeting, would you ask your departments: More
Categories: Advisory Groups, Student
- Administrivia (10)
- Review Charge and Members and establish student co-chair (5)
- Schedule meetings for the rest of the year (3)
- Discuss process for membership for next year (with goal of establishing this by May) (2)
2. Brainstorm possible topics (10)
3. Discuss print management and microsoft office student license: what can SLAC members do to help us better understand the issues surrounding these two programs? (25)
The Sciences Advisory Group met on February 27, 2009. The agenda included an introduction to the group, a review of last year’s Academic Technology Assessments, and suggestions for future meeting topics. More
Humanities Advisory Group Meeting Notes (recorded by Shel Sax ; reviewed by Andy Wentink and Holly Allen)
The Humanities Advisory Group met on Tuesday, March 3, 2009. The agenda included Introductions, a review of the LIS Advisory Group Mission, an update on Departmental Technology Reviews, a brainstorming session on topics/issues to discuss in this group and prioritize topics for future discussion, and, time allowing, initial discussion of topics. More
The Languages Advisory Group met on February 24, 2009. The agenda included the topics Brigitte collected from faculty, a review of the Academic Technology Assessments, and suggestions for future meeting topics. Themes in “Classroom Issues” and “Tech Assessment” overlap significantly. More
Categories: Advisory Groups
This is the site where we aggregate all of the advisory groups that LIS works with to help us with our goals, priorities, policies, evaluations, etc. Stay tuned for more to follow.