The LIS Arts & Humanities Divisional Group met on Thursday, September 29, 2011, in Special Collections in the Davis Family Library.
Attending: Faculty: Holly Allen (AMST, Co-Chair), Claudio Medeiros (THEATRE), Elizabeth Morrison (for Ellie Bagley, RELI), Louisa Burnham (HIST), Mary Ellen Bertolini (Writing Program/CTLR), Jeff Buettner (MUSIC), Eddie Vazquez (HARC), Ian Sutherland (for Marc Witkin, CLASSICS), Brett Millier (ENAM), Stefano Mula (COMPLIT), Jenn Ponder (DANCE), Matty Woodruff (PHIL) ; LIS: Andy Wentink (Co-Chair), Carrie Macfarlane, Steve Bertolino, Jess Isler, Joy Pile; Absent: Louise Stein (FMMC); Representative from Studio Art (to be appointed)
Meeting was called to order at 12:15 by LIS Co-Chair Andy Wentink, who welcomed the group, reviewed meeting protocols, and requested members to introduce themselves. He announced that there was a change in the agenda. Video Recording/Storage Issues would be discussed first, since Claudio Medeiros, who proposed the agenda item, needed to leave early.
- Video Recording/Storage issues
- Moodle and Course Hub Implementation
- LIS/Faculty communications
- Liaison Program
- Need for more faculty carrels in library Continue reading
Humanities Advisory Group Meeting Notes
(recorded by Shel Sax ; reviewed by Andy Wentink and Holly Allen)
The Humanities Advisory Group met at 8:30 a.m., on Tuesday, May 19, 2009, in LIB105.
Attending: Holly Allen, Judy Watts, Brett Millier, MaryEllen Bertolini, Randy Ganiban, Heidi Graswick, Brenda Ellis, Dana Barrow, Pieter Broucke, Shel Sax, Andy Wentink, Amy Morsman, Will Nash, and for 10 minutes Joe Antonioli
1. Impact of impending web makeover on departments
2. Sunsetting of Segue as a course management system and the process of finding its replacement
3. Discussion of research and technology instructions for students. What topics should be covered during the First Year Seminar orientations that are most relevant to the Humanities division? What research and technology skills should students possess upon graduation and how can we best provide training, support and development of these skills
Humanities Advisory Group Meeting Notes (recorded by Shel Sax ; reviewed by Andy Wentink and Holly Allen)
The Humanities Advisory Group met on Tuesday, March 3, 2009. The agenda included Introductions, a review of the LIS Advisory Group Mission, an update on Departmental Technology Reviews, a brainstorming session on topics/issues to discuss in this group and prioritize topics for future discussion, and, time allowing, initial discussion of topics. Continue reading