Dear LIS Colleagues,
This Thursday and Friday we will have representatives from Sophos here on site. They will be helping us to develop a deployment package for the client component of the Sophos Endpoint Protection product which we are using to replace Symantec Anti-Virus. As we complete the development of this deployment package and have tested it thoroughly, we will be initiating a test across the systems in LIS to ensure that the package works on a larger group of systems and also to start a larger test of the client here at Middlebury.
Later this week you will receive a second communication about this test effort and it will also include information about how you can help us to assess the impact of the client on your system and also the install process. For additional information about Sophos please see the FAQ at http://GO/ITSECURITY. Also, feel free to contact LIS Security at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Ian Burke at ext. 5368. Thank you for your help and understanding with this process.
LIS Network Security Administrator
Dear Middlebury Colleagues:
To offer some additional information on the Sophos roll-out the following timeline has been proposed and will be followed by the LIS deployment team for this
- Email will be converted to the Sophos solution the weekend of January 22, 2012
- Testing will be conducted on individual systems through the month of January
- Sophos engineers will be on site to help with a larger test group across LIS and to build a deployment agent on January 25 and 26th
- Server deployment and will be conducted on test servers and production servers through the month of January and February
- A second desktop test group will be identified and targeted for the end of January and beginning of February
- Based on the conclusion of two successful tests deployment will continue to the remainder of the campus in February
If you are interested in being a part of one of the test groups, please contact LIS Information Security at email@example.com. If you would Iike more information about Sophos please check the Infosec web site at go\itsecurity or contact LIS Information Security.
LIS-IT Security Administrator