To help resolve issues with scheduling meetings using Outlook, LIS has created a document called Outlook Calendar Best Practices. The document is available on our Helpdesk Documentation website. Please contact the Helpdesk if you have any further questions.
The “display name” (or alpha name) shown in the web directory, Outlook address book, etc. had in the past been set so that it could only be corrected or changed manually. This process has now been modified so name changes entered into the Banner database are flowing through the Active Directory table and are subsequently updating the web directory, Outlook, Segue, etc. in the format Last, First Middle.
One enhancement which should help people out as a result of this change involves the “Preferred First Name” field in the Banner database. For records that have had this data entered into Banner, the “Preferred First Name” is now appended to the “display name” and enclosed in parentheses in the format Last, First Middle (Preferred First).
Requests for “display name” changes should now be sent to the following:
- Middlebury college staff or academic year faculty: email@example.com
- Middlebury college undergrad students: Commons coordinators
- MIIS staff or faculty: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIIS students: Seamus Dorrian
- BLSE students or faculty: Elaine Lathrop
- Language School summer staff or faculty: Sandy Bonomo
- Language School students: Kara Genarelli
It would be helpful to include the words “change display name” in the subject line of the e-mail message.