We had a manager’s meeting this month. Here’s what we discussed:
1. Goal Setting Process
Mary Backus led a discussion on the goal setting process for LIS. Her presentation is available at http://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dg3d3j83_10ck44mfgj . Milestones for the process are: Area and Team Goals due at end of July. Workgroup goals due at end of August. Individual goals reworked to fit into this new framework at end of September. Area and workgroup goals to be vetted by FLAC and SLAC in time for budget development process.
2. LIS Focus Document
Mike Roy shared a draft of the LIS Focus document that is revised on a quarterly basis. The document is open for comments on the LIS Blog at http://sites.middlebury.edu/lis/2010/07/14/updated-lis-focus-document-draft/ .
Categories: LIS Staff Interest
- Can’t upload large files.
- Recommendations: use Segue, classes folders, Docutek.
- cForms inhibits the upgrade in WP.
- Best of breed vision should be followed to alleviate this issue. Make WP be the best blogging platform instead of its being held hostage to data collection feature that has been grafted on.
Recommendations for course websites for fall semester posted to various blogs (including this one).
Discussion about how to gather information from faculty.
- what are your needs?
- not “let’s look at moodle, drupal, etc. and tell us what has the feature set you like.”
- informal conversations?
- Information-gathering strategy? (Joe)
Action Item: Survey.
- Alex will set up in google spreadsheet.
- Think of ways to gather the information
- LIS Advisory Groups?