After receiving some of the most positive response to a database trial ever, we are pleased to now provide full access to SAGE Research Methods Online. Thanks to everyone who responded to their liaison !
- Psychological Experiments Online
- GreenWire and related news services from E&E Publishing, covering environmental and energy topics
- Wiley’s International Encyclopedia of Ethics
- Brill’s Encyclopaedia of the Qur’an and Encyclopaedia of Islam
We are pleased to announce that the Middlebury College community now has permanent access to the Historical Newspapers – Chinese Newspapers Collection.
We trialed this last Fall and received highly positive feedback. Thanks to those who responded – you help us keep our collections relevant to your needs.
Middlebury College faculty, staff, and students now have full, subscribed access to Annual Reviews – Economics Collection, from 2009 to the current issue. This includes:
Happy New Year! (a month late) Here are some resources we’ve added in the last few months:
The Social Science and Humanities Library of Taylor & Francis: nearly 1,300 journals covering fields including linguistics, ethnic and gender studies, education, political science, and lots more. This means you’ll find more in Summon. For a full title list, click here.
Encyclopedia of Applied Linguistics over 1,100 original essays, published in November 2012.
Lithosphere – a journal of the Geological Society of America
The Middlebury College community can now access The Jazz Discography online. The CD-ROM version was available in the Music Library for years; now we offer the convenience of online access. “Looking for a specific jazz record or CD? Want to find everything recorded by a particular bandleader or musician? Want to know who played with whom, and when? Want to find who recorded a particular tune? You’ll find all this and much, much more in the world’s largest, most complete catalog of recorded jazz” – The Jazz Discography
Here are some things that we added to our collections during the 2013 fiscal year:
- JSTOR’s Jewish Studies Archive
- Cartographica – the archive (back to 1964)
- Oxford’s Islamic Studies Online
- Illustrated London News
- Springer eBooks
- Added collections in Periodicals Archive Online (PAO)
- History Vault – the Struggle for Women’s Rights
- Alternative Press Watch
- Orlando – Women’s Writing in the British Isles from the Beginnings to the Present by Cambridge University Press
- Expanded access to Oxford Handbooks Online
- Journal of American-East Asian relations
- Twentieth-century China (was in Project MUSE, but the publisher revoked access through MUSE, so we have subscribed)
- Journal for the Study of Religion, Nature, and Culture – new subscription; online access coming soon!
- Aztlan (we also get this in print)
- Frontiers of history in China
- International journal of humanities and arts computing
- Studies in conflict and terrorism
- Contemporary Buddhism
- Deep archives of the New Yorker, Harper’s, New York Review of Books
- Frieze - devoted to contemporary art
- Bidoun - art and culture from the Middle East
- Detail : Zeitschrift fuer Architektur und Baudetail – architecture; in German and some English text
- Three month subscriptions to print versions of foreign titles for browsing during the Language Schools – Ogonek and Allure (Russian), Teva HaDvarim (Hebrew), Al Jamila and Sayidati (Arabic [at Mills College])
- History of al-Tabari, State University New York series in Near Eastern studies (40 volume set) located on the third floor shelves of the Davis Family Library (call number: DS38.2 .T313 1985)