Submitted by Chris Norris
Here are some of the projects and tasks that DAS staff members have been working on during the past month…
- Modifications to a Banner custom process for the Registrar’s office that creates student class codes to meet new business rules.
- Modifications to the “LS Stats- new” Hyperion report to display applications for students applying to language schools at Mills College.
- Assisting with applying the Banner financial aid SSB upgrade in the DEV2 database.
- Investigating issues with Banner custom database triggers that create “away” and “returning” general student records for students going on leave.
- Modifications to the Phone-a-thon data interface for College Advancement.
- Gathering requirements for the data feed for the Harris online community project.
- Refinement of the Banner/ListManager (Broadcast Email tool) integration model with Travis.
- Loading MIIS gift history for Monterey and College Advancement.
- Refinement of the Banner/ListManager (Broadcast Email tool) integration model with Rob.
- Transitioning the Alumni office and CSO towards use of the self-service WordPress cformsII plug-in for all “new” non-eCommerce forms.
- Clean-up of code and adding functionality to Project Tracker.
- Ongoing work related to the Hyperion System 9 Upgrade/Migration (one line item, but this is a BIG project).
- Completed development on a News Dashboard for College Communications (http://web.middlebury.edu/systems/newsboard). This will soon replace the main Public Affairs News home page and aggregate news content from several sources.
- Supporting CMS content providers and other web-related requests.
- Participating in the Web Makeover team meetings.
- Migrated GO.middlebury.edu to a more stable prod environment, implemented GO.miis.edu for Monterey.
- Refinement of service-level monitoring, including addition of escalation groups.
- Project Phoenix BIA reviews, planning, specification for remote DR web presence.
- Pre-migration configuration, testing, troubleshooting of eCommerce web forms.
- Supporting ListManager newsletters, conducting ListManager workshops (only a couple more to go!).
- Contacting various folks about outstanding FileMakerPro requests, pre-migration web forms questions.
- Working on updated SWOT analysis of the DAS workgroup.