Categories: LIS Staff Interest, Middlebury Community Interest, Post for MiddNotes, Post for MiddPoints
The Davis Family Library and Helpdesk is open 9-5 for the rest of this week, including Saturday and Sunday. The library and Helpdesk will be closed Monday for Memorial Day, then open 9-5 the rest of next week.
The Armstrong Library is open 9-5 the rest of this week, then closed Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
For a full listing of library and/or Helpdesk hours, please consult go/hours.
Items that can leave the Library:
Calculators: These have a four hour loan rule and may be taken outside of the Library.
Mac VGA Adapters: These are found in the same drawer as the calculators and have a 4 hour loan rule. These are typically checked out with LCD projectors and may be taken out of the Library.
LCD Projectors: These are kept in the equipment cabinet in room 208 and have a loan period of one day. If a patron walks in without booking an LCD projector beforehand, be absolutely sure that the one you check out to them does not have a booking that day or the following day. To do this search “LCD Projector” as a title in Search\Holds, double click the record with the corresponding number appearing on the projector, and click on the bookings tab when in the Item Record. If it has a booking the dates of the booking will appear in the record. More
Categories: LIS Staff Interest
We have made the Armstrong Science library an official pick up location for ILL and NExpress materials. If you select Armstrong delivery, your requested materials will be automatically sent to the Armstrong Science Library for pick up when they arrive at Middlebury.
This is now possible for both NExpress and interlibrary loan materials. However, selecting this option is done very differently in each system.
- For NExpress the choice is made each time an item is ordered, through a drop-down menu. Select Armstrong Science library from the list of available pick up locations. go/NExpress
- For ILLiad, the choice is made at registration. In order for a current ILLiad user to change their preferred delivery location in ILLiad, you will need to update your contact Information in the Tools menu in ILLiad. Click on “Edit My Contact Information” and select Armstrong Science Library as your “Delivery Site” to take advantage of this new service. You can return to regular pick up at the Davis Family Library at any time by returning to ILLiad and changing your selected delivery site back to Davis Family Library. go/ill
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Categories: LIS Staff Interest
New Armstrong Reading Area
We’ve increased the size of the reading area on the main floor of Armstrong Library. Come to see the changes!
- We removed over 1,000 volumes of outdated and otherwise unnecessary printed materials, and this allowed us to empty 2 bookcases.
- The floor space that we gained by removing the bookcases has been filled with a combination of tables and armchairs. We’ll add a few more tables and chairs from staff offices soon, once we acquire replacements from storage. Because of a pre-existing budget request, we’ll be able to add 5 new study carrels downstairs, too.
- This combination of tables, armchairs and study carrels was requested by students last year on the comments poster we hung at the entrance to the library. (The new video and laptop viewing equipment in the group studies was requested too.)
- In addition, we eventually hope to add more computers and lamps, but wiring and budgetary limitations might not allow this. We also hope to purchase more dry erase boards, maybe some board games, and who knows what else!