The following stats refer to activity on the Middlebury College Facebook page, the Middlebury College Twitter account, and share buttons on the main Middlebury College website. For trend comparison, the previous month’s statistics are included in parentheses, where appropriate.
- 232 (326) new people liked our Page, while 54 (94) people unliked our Page.
- 1032 (1286) unique people shared stories about our page. These stories include liking our Page, posting to our Page’s Wall, liking, commenting on or sharing one of our Page posts, answering a Question we posted, RSVPing to one of our events, mentioning our Page, phototagging our Page or checking in at our Place. [Daily People Talking About This]
- 33979 (34072) unique people saw one of the items shared in that way. [Daily Viral Reach]
- 74593 (84316) unique people saw content associated with our Page. [Daily Total Reach]
Top Five Facebook Posts
“Reach” is the number of people who saw the post. “Engagement” is the number of people who clicked on the post.
- New York Times notes Middlebury’s pioneering Feb program in this story about mid-year admissions. Reach: 8927, Engagement: 804
- The Burlington Free Press offers high praise for Middlebury athletics. Reach: 7436, Engagement: 399
- Political science prof. Erik Bleich offers a new take on diversification in higher ed. in today’s Atlantic Wire. Reach: 6795, Engagement: 377
- Vote for Middlebury to win the Climate Leadership Award from Second Nature. Midd is a finalist for this prestigious award, but we need your help to win. Click the link below and VOTE for Middlebury’s video. Please SHARE this with your FB friends, and let’s spread the word about Middlebury’s climate leadership! Reach: 6255, Engagement: 242
- Check out U.S. Army Lt. Emily Núñez ’12 in Bloomberg Businessweek! Emily and her sister just launched a business venture with help from Middlebury’s Center for Social Entrepreneurship. Emily will be deployed to Afghanistan later this year. Reach: 6252, Engagement: 353
ShareThis is a service that tracks the clicks on the sharing buttons on our website. These buttons are shown on news postings, which are primarily found in the News Room, Arts, Sustainability, and Athleticssections of the site.
Shares By Channel
- Email: 48 (33) Shares, 326 (278) Clicks
- Facebook: 42 (85) Shares, 3461 (6024) Clicks
- Twitter: 29 (41) Shares, 366 (722) Clicks
- LinkedIn: 5 (14) Shares, 0 (1) Clicks
Top Five Shared Pages
- Middlebury College offers 1,750 students acceptance to the Class of 2017. Shares: 27, Clicks 695
- Middlebury College mourns loss of Kathryn Wasserman Davis. Shares: 10, Clicks 906
- Men’s Lacrosse Sets Records, Advances To NESCAC Semis. Shares: 6, Clicks 52
- Hoffman Earns NESCAC Player Of The Week Honors. Shares: 4, Clicks 29
- Middlebury College Theatre Program Presents “Undressing Cinderella” April 10-13. Shares: 4, Clicks 26
- Facebook Insights Page Data April 2013
- Facebook Insights Post Data April 2013
- ShareThis Top Channels 2013
- ShareThis Top URLs April 2013