The following information is important only for individuals having a Key Survey account used to create, distribute, and work with surveys and response data.
WorldAPP (our Key Survey host) is excited to announce that your Key Survey / Form.com account will be upgraded to the new software version 8.6. on Saturday, November 22nd, 2014, between the hours of:
EST: 1 AM and 10 AM / GMT: 6 AM and 3 PM
Loaded with variety of new features, this latest software update introduces many of the advanced task management and workflow capabilities that you, our customers, have asked us for.
Please note that your account may be unavailable during the system upgrade. Your respondents attempting to access surveys, forms or reports will receive a friendly notification of the system maintenance in progress. Once the maintenance has been completed, the application and all survey/form/report links will be accessible.
To learn more about version 8.6 software release ahead of time, visit the Fall ’14 Release Promo page.
If you have any questions about this update please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information is pertinent only for individuals having a Key Survey account used to create, distribute, and work with surveys and response data.
Message text (excerpt) from WorldAPP’s Customer Care team, dated 10/21/14:
New updates for Form.com Mobile v4.0 and Key Survey Mobile v4.0 are now available for download.
What’s New: This latest software update provides enhanced ability to capture data from your mobile device while offline and offers improved data synchronization technology with a faster automatic data upload frequency rate when online – now, every 5 minutes.
Before downloading the update, please be informed that:
• Legacy versions of the Form.com Mobile and Key Survey Mobile apps will continue to operate, however, we highly recommend installing the latest update to receive the best possible performance.
• We advise performing a final synchronization request to ensure all data is uploaded to the server. Failure to do this could result in data loss.
• If you are still working from the WorldAPP Offline branded mobile app, it is recommended that you install the new mobile app (Form.com Mobile for Form.com accounts, Key Survey Mobile for Key Survey accounts), as WorldAPP Offline will no longer be supported. Follow these 4 simple steps for a smooth transition to the new app.
As always, WorldAPP’s support staff can assist with questions you may have.
http://moodle.middlebury.edu has been scheduled for Maintenance at 23:00 EDT on 24-OCT-2014.
Your site may be unavailable for up to 15 minutes while this action occurs.
During our regular maintenance window this Sunday, Oct 19th between 6 and 10 am we have the following activities planned.
- A patch will be applied to the DNS servers requiring sequential reboots. DNS resolution may see some slow responses for up to 20 minutes
- Two of our spam filters will be moved between racks in one data center. There’s sufficient redundancy that no impact will be seen
- One of our database servers and a print server will be rebooted. Printing queues may be unreachable for up to 15 minutes
- One of our two ISP circuits will be down for 2 hours while the provider performs maintenance
o We have sufficient redundant bandwidth. Internet reachability will not be impacted
o Point-to-Point VPNs may drop a few packets, twice, during route changes
- The VSphere interface to our virtualized server environment will be patched and rebooted. Reachability will be down for up to 15 minutes
- Middfiles will be rebooted and unreachable for up to 15 minutes
We appreciate your patience as we continuously strive to keep our systems functioning optimally.
ITS – Central Systems & Network Services
Middlebury, VT 05753
During our regular maintenance window this Sunday, Oct 5th between 6 and 10 am we have the following activities planned:
- Middfiles will be offline for up to 2 hours within the 6-10 maintenance window while the storage arrays are moved from the Library data center to our new data center.
o All files on Middfiles will be unavailable during this window, including home directories, Orgs, Classes, etc…
As you may have read in mainstream news media outlets, a vulnerability was recently discovered in the Bourne Again Shell (Bash) component of Unix-based operating systems. This vulnerability could allow an attacker to execute shell commands through shell environment variables. It has also been leveraged for denial of service attacks and other malicious activity.
ITS has already patched relevant local systems and is expecting vendors to patch any relevant externally-hosted systems. There is no evidence to suggest that Middlebury assets have been compromised.
More information about the vulnerability is available on the ITS Information Security web site’s ‘Threat Bulletin’ area: http://www.middlebury.edu/media/view/486102/original/middlebury_threat_bulletin_shellshock.pdf
If you have specific questions, please feel free to email email@example.com.
All Banner environments and associated system will be unavailable between the hours of 8pm ET Saturday September 27th and 12pm (noon) ET Sunday September 28th while these systems are undergoing maintenance.
Systems Impacted: All Banner environment including Internet Native Banner (INB) and Banner Web/Self-Service (SSB) plus all associated systems such as Hyperion EPM 11 Reporting, Nolij Document Management System, etc.
Schedule: 8pm ET Saturday September 27th through 12pm (noon) ET Sunday September 28th 2014
What is happening during this time?: Ellucian, the manufacturer of the Banner software and company currently hosting our Banner environments, will be relocating all of our hosted systems and associated infrastructure to a new data center.
We apologize for any impact this extended maintenance window has on your operations and activities.
The ILLiad Web pages will be down at 2:00 pm today while we upgrade the ILLiad software. The ILL web site should be inaccessible for only a short time, assuming all goes well with the update.
If anyone has problems after 4:00 pm please contact Rachel Manning at x5498 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.