Thank you for your patience as we applied this critical security update. Technical details are available on the Drupal project website. All sites now have this update applied and should be considered stable.
The issue only affected Drupal 8, which is currently used for:
Other sites were not affected by this issue.
A new Service Catalog is live to list technology services provided at Middlebury. The information in the site is still being updated.
Fixes and Tweaks
- Overhauled the events system on the Institute website with a new design and functionality to allow editors to pick the maximum events to show in a list with different displays depending on how many events are shown.
- Profile lists on the Institute site can be configured to show certain fields, making them easier to use for lists of invited speakers and other non-faculty listings.
- Program newsrooms on the Institute site can now have their own tag-based category navigation.
- Editors can now decide on the position of the title for the featured news story on the Institute site homepage.
- Fixed an issue where our WordPress sites were unable to syndicate RSS from our Drupal sites due to a new caching system.
- Always include the designation key when looking up past gift years on MiddSTART to ensure we can show these reports.
- Reduced the number of related stories shown on a news story in the Institute site from four to three to bring this in line with other grid presentations on the site.
- Fixes and tweaks for the new Institute site https://www.middlebury.edu/institute/
- Upgrading applications to run on PHP 7.1.
- Creating an online Services Catalog for ITS.
- Upgrading the Drupal sites for the Davis programs, Dining Menus, and Museum of Art to Drupal 8.
- Creating a photo sharing platform for the Breadloaf Writer’s Conference.
This Wednesday, April 25, we will apply a security update to two Drupal 8 sites shortly after it is released. This will occur between 12:00 and 3:00pm EDT, which is 9:00am-12:00pm PDT. The Drupal project has posted a pre-release announcement of this update.
We do not anticipate any service interruption while the update is applied. Still, we advise you to have saved work in the sites prior to the scheduled update. We will post an announcement here when the update has been successfully applied, which will contain more information about the issue.
These are the sites affected: