On February 4, we will upgrade WordPress on sites.middlebury.edu and sites.miis.edu to version 5, which has a new editing interface. We are timing this to occur after the end of J-Term courses and before the beginning of the Spring semester so that in-us course sites will not be affected.
We have prepared a playlist of training videos from Lynda to help you get started with this new editor. If you would like to try it out before February 4, you can do so through a copy of the site on our development machine.
Fixes and Tweaks
- Updated the help text for Institute site profiles to correctly include the numeral portion of the country code in the example of the E.194 telephone format, such as +18316474100.
- The weekly process which syncs information from Banner to the MyEmma email system will now remove people from email lists if they are no longer in the corresponding population group in Banner.
- Creating a new “Offices” site for institution-wide anchor functions.
- Creating new Drupal 8 sites for our schools and programs.
- Upgrading the Course Hub to Drupal 8.
- Improvements to the Service Catalog.
- Upgrading applications to run on PHP 7.1.