We are planning to upgrade the CAS Single Sign On service on Thursday, February 2. Users of the service should notice no interruption, but if you logged in to the older version and have an active session on Thursday morning, then go to log in to another CAS-connected service after the upgrade, you will need to enter your credentials again.
The list of CAS-connected services includes Web Helpdesk, WordPress, Drupal, MediaWiki, GO, the Course Catalog, CollegiateLink, MiddMedia, Lynda, Moodle, Kurogo, CRFAccess, the ITS ChangeTracker, the Online Directory, TerraDotta, EZProxy, SANSSpace, Midd Guests, Canvas, the ITS Project Dashboard, Omeka, the AD Group Manager, SpringShare LibAuth, and the Advocate Judicial System.
- Drupal token 7.x-1.7
- Drupal viewfield 7.x-2.1
- WordPress 4.7.2
- WordPress CommentPress Core 3.9.1
- WordPress Liveblog 1.5.2
- WordPress The Events Calendar 22.214.171.124
Fixes and Tweaks
- The 2017-2018 export set is now available in the Course Catalog.
- We fixed an issue with the Course Hub that was preventing instructors from adding Hub-spaces for lab/discussion classes via the “Manage Course Hub Sites” link on their 2017-Spring dashboards.
- Improved the nightly sync process run by the Course Catalog so that it uses significantly fewer resources writing new course data to the database to prevent the process from failing.
- The JSON API for the Course Catalog now prints the current term first if given a catalog.
- We’ve removed the List Manager subscription form from the News Room website, which will be replaced with a MyEmma subscription form.
- Developing a shared resource for Canvas in the Course Hub which provides the Academic Integrity Tutorial.
- Creating a new website for the Middlebury Institute of International Studies.
- Building out the configuration of our Omeka, and CAS servers in Chef, which is a configuration management system. We have already completed this work for our Drupal, WordPress, MediaWiki, GO, and the Course Catalog services.
- Upgrading the Drupal sites for the Davis programs, Dining Menus, and Museum of Art to Drupal 8.
- Integrating Panopto (streaming videos) and Canvas (LMS).
- Providing Course Hub access for Schools Abroad courses.