This Sunday evening, Oct 18th, at 11p ET, Adobe Connect will be upgrading to version 9.5. Here is information from Adobe Connect about with to expect in the new version:
- The first thing you may notice is the new Adobe Connect logo with a fresh updated look.
- New features include HTML content support for virtual classrooms, MP4 offline conversion, event registration on mobile devices, improved account usage reports and more.
- For more detailed information please visit the Adobe Connect User Community site, connectusers.com, for an overview of new features and tutorials.
- Adobe Flash Player 13.0 is now officially the minimum requirement for attending meetings. To receive optimal performance, we recommend that you get the latest version. Download the latest Flash Player.
- This update will require a new Adobe Connect Add-in (henceforth referred to as simply “Add-in”) for functionality specific to meeting presenters on Windows and Mac. You will be asked to install the new Add-in when:
- You try to start/join a meeting for the first time after the Fall release and have an older version of the Add-in installed
- You invoke screen sharing, application sharing, or share PowerPoint (PPTX format) files and do not have the new version of Add-in installed
You can register for a demo, hosted by Adobe Connect, here.
For more information on Adobe Connect 9.5, please check here.
For questions about using Adobe Connect at Middlebury, please e-mail the Helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org