LIS is planning the following maintenance activities this Sunday, December 15th between 7 am and 10 am:
- We will be upgrading our VPN system (vpn.middlebury.edu). There will be a less than 30 minute service interruption of VPN access to the College from off-campus between 7 am and 9 am.
- We will be upgrading the firewall at the Monterey Institution of International Studies. There will be a less than 30 minute service interruption of Internet connectivity to MIIS. This will include the site-to-site VPN connection between MIIS and Middlebury.
- We will be applying a patch to our MiddCloud system that includes MiddFiles. There will be a less than 15 minute service interruption to MiddFiles between 7 am and 8 am.
LIS is planning the following maintenance activities next weekend, on Saturday December 21st and Sunday December 22nd:
- On Saturday, December 21st between 7 am and 12 pm (noon), we will be performing maintenance on our servers. For many services, there may be up to a 15 minute interruption. Middlebury and Monterey’s email and primary web sites will not be affected by this maintenance work.
- On Sunday, December 22nd between 7 am and 10 am, we will be conducting a test of the redundancy of our network. Some campus buildings will not have network access for approximately 30 minutes during this test. A list of these buildings is available at the end of this message.
- On Sunday, December 22nd between 8 am and 12 pm (noon), we will also be upgrading our Internet firewalls. We expect several interruptions of Internet connectivity lasting approximately 30 minutes during this period. We will continue to test and fine-tune the new firewall into the afternoon on Sunday. While we do not expect significant service interruptions in the afternoon, it may be necessary to make adjustments that could cause brief interruptions for isolated services. (You can see the availability of our major systems at http://www.middlebury.edu/offices/technology/help/alerts).
As always, we appreciate your patience and understanding as this essential maintenance work is completed in our continual effort to improve our IT services.
Middlebury Campus billings that will have network connectivity service interruptions for approximately 30 minutes on Sunday, 22nd between 7 am and 10 am:
|5 Court Street|
|75 Franklin St.|
|All of Bread Loaf / snow bowl|
|College Communications in Kitchel House|
|Faculty and LIS offices and student residences in Voter|
|Hadley, Milliken, Kelly-Lang complex|
|Hillcrest Environmental Center|
|Johnson Art Center|
|Marble Works (College Advancement) and Stone Mill|
|Ridgeline Woods, the Mods, Recycling, Corbin’s office|
|Robert A Jones House|
|Ross Dining and LaForce complex|
|Small housed on the east edge of campus, including 3 south street|
|Small houses on the north and west edges of campus|
|Small houses on the west edge of campus|
|The Atwater Complex|